cutest story ever!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by LilAnn, Jul 14, 2015.

1. LilAnn

LilAnn Well-Known Member

I have a litter of puppies an acquaintance couldnt take care of after the mommy was hit by a car. They not even a week old. There were 5, but the runt didn't make it past the 1st day. Little Ann's aunt, Bri, has become their acting mother as far as cleaning them and stuff and I'm trying to keep them fed.

Little Ann has never seen puppies before. I mean, seriously, she's still one herself. She can't stay away. She wants to sit and stare at them all the time! Well, yesterday she ran and got an empty cigarette pack out of my bedroom trash, brought it in here and gave it to Bri and the babies. She even resisted the urge to chew it up. It was in perfect condition when she left it.

LilAnn, Jul 14, 2015
  2. LilAnn

Trellum Well-Known Member

Awwwwwwwwwww!!!!! That ought to be one of the sweetest stories ever! What a sweetheart that LilAnn is, she sounds like a really precious pup! I can already tell she has a very big heart, same goes to Bri for taking on the role of the mother. Those puppies are so lucky to have you guys!

Trellum, Jul 14, 2015
  3. LilAnn

LilAnn Well-Known Member

they're lucky to have Bri. She has always had some serious motherly instinct. The runt was, literally, half the size of the other pups. once I got her home I couldn't get her to eat, at all.She was almost gone already. Bri spent hours trying to wake her up. She would get her to sit up a little bit, too. I have seen a lot of puppies not make it, but I have never seen any mom, real or foster, try so hard to save them. I knew when she had passed because Bri left her alone. The thing about Bri is you will never find a better mommy dog, in my opinion. Every puppy and kitten I've had her around has turned into her baby. But as nurturing as she is, she'll be the first to bite someone. She hasn't yet, but when someone she doesn't care for or know is around, she stands a little taller than the rest. She isn't waiting for a chance to bite someone, but she is ready just in case.

LilAnn, Jul 14, 2015
  4. LilAnn

claudine Well-Known Member

This is such a sweet story! Bri and Little Ann are sweethearts:) Those puppies are very lucky they have you. I'm sure they're happy. Do you plan to keep them?

claudine, Jul 15, 2015
  5. LilAnn

LilAnn Well-Known Member

I have 5 without them, so I really need to give them away. if it comes down to it, I'll keep them before they get sent off to an animal shelter. The momma was a pit and no one knows who the daddy is, but around here pit mixes are pretty popular, so I'm hopeful.I just have to be careful not to let a pit fighter pick one up.

LilAnn, Jul 15, 2015
  6. LilAnn

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I am sad about the puppies not having a mom around, but love the story of how Bri came into her role of a mother, and Little Ann sharing something. Watching dogs like these confirm that they have different emotions and way of thinking just like us humans. Sweet story!

IcyBC, Jul 16, 2015
  7. LilAnn

LilAnn Well-Known Member

they really do! Their personalities really come through when people pay attention. When I put them in the kennel I already knew who would step up and play mommy. She cares more about her foster puppies than I've seen some other dogs are about their own liters.

LilAnn, Jul 16, 2015
  8. LilAnn

claudine Well-Known Member

Just thinking about pit fighters makes me angry:mad: Some people are so unbelievably cruel!
    I hope your puppies will find loving families quickly:) Pit mixes are super cute!:D

claudine, Jul 16, 2015
Ask a Question