Come let's chat

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Winterybella, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Winterybella

Winterybella Well-Known Member

"Come let's chat" seemed to be what the young child was telling her small dog as I watched from mywindow. The conversation started on her lawn and they eventually made their way to the patio where they sat and chatted for a while. I could not watch all day, but I smiled and wondered just what that conversation was all about, but it looked serious and intent.

Besides go potty, sit, fetch, roll over and the obvious "commands" do you chat with your dogs?

Winterybella, Sep 6, 2015
  2. Winterybella

Trellum Well-Known Member

Awww, how sweet! I bet that little girl is the sweetest thing ever! This reminded me to my youngest niece, she often chats with her dog :p As for me, yes, sometimes I do chat with my dog, as if I were chatting with a friend, but I only do that when I am at home alone. Sometimes she just tilts her head, as saying: ''what? Are you talking to me?''.

Trellum, Sep 7, 2015
    Winterybella likes this.
  3. Winterybella

I honestly can't say I've had long conversations with my girls. I'll ask them questions from time to time to find out what they are asking of me. With Ginger, I am mostly telling her she's too much and a few time she's had some French from me. Something like " what the ....have you done here" kind of exchange and sometimes she has the cheek to bark. I thinking she is using some French on me as well.

I think they would be overwhelmed if they had to listen to me go on and on. I did tell them recently that if they had bank accounts we would all run away. They seemed interested.

Winterybella, Sep 7, 2015
  4. Winterybella

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I could see that image in my head and it made my day! Just wonderful and sweet! Sometimes, I do talk to Capone as if he is understanding and all I get is a stare back. He twitches his ears this way and that to show me that he is listening :)

IcyBC, Sep 7, 2015
  5. Winterybella

Trellum Well-Known Member

@Winterybella Hehehe, i sounds like the kind of exchange most pet owners have with their dogs ;) Some people don't see the point in talking to their dogs, at least not trying to have a long conversation, simple because they can't reply, but I don't care, hahaha! I like to talk with my dog and cat from time to time, it's fun, sometimes I just feel like talking to someone that I know is not going to judge me. I like that about dogs, they can't reply :p

Trellum, Sep 7, 2015
  6. Winterybella

I'll tell you something. It was a joy to watch. I wanted to be close up to hear what she was saying. It did not look like a random set of words. t Ilooked as though they were talking things over. It was a real delight.

Winterybella, Sep 7, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  7. Winterybella

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I would be glue to the spot watching that heart-warming scene too! I am a softy when it comes to children and pet togetherness. They just spilled out love all over!

IcyBC, Sep 8, 2015
    Winterybella likes this.
  8. Winterybella

claudine Well-Known Member

That's so cute!:D Children always love their pets.
    I talk to Homer almost all the time. He's a great listener;) Once, I started talking to him when we were in a park. People looked weird at us:p

claudine, Sep 9, 2015
    Winterybella likes this.
  9. Winterybella

I could well imagine some of the weird looks you got, but real pet lovers should understand. People talk to plants all the time I hear, so a dog who could likely respond in some small way, should be understandable. This Ginger is one hotty. She is going to have to start to pay bills. These days whenever I single her out for a talking to, she barks. I wish I knew what she was saying. Zola barks only to let her back into the house and a few small ones to let her go just sometimes. Remy, just comes to me and literally tries to say "let me go please" but not Ginger, she must bark....

Winterybella, Sep 9, 2015
  10. Winterybella

tajnz Well-Known Member

Everyone I know who owns a dog talks to their dog. I'd say that it's pretty normal. Even if my dog doesn't understand exactly what I'm going on about, I think she finds it comforting listening to my voice and can tell from body cues how I'm feeling.

tajnz, Sep 12, 2015
  11. Winterybella

Only yesterday I saw the little girl again. This time she was with her brother I assume. Now it was the three of them walking around the house like three family members chatting.

Winterybella, Sep 13, 2015
  12. Winterybella

claudine Well-Known Member

I know how you feel, Homer barks all the time too. I think some dogs like hearing their own voice and this is why they're never quiet;)
    As for people who gave me weird looks, I just ignored them. Talking to Homer is something I truly enjoy doing:p

claudine, Sep 14, 2015
  13. Winterybella

Then I guess some dogs are like humans who like to hear themselves. That must be Ginger. I told myself she really thinks she run things here now. I will say though, that as quiet as Remy is, when she gives her the mad growl, sometimes she just chills out. It doesn't happen all the time. The one I am more likely to have a serious conversation with is Zola. She is the most understanding I think.

Winterybella, Sep 14, 2015
Ask a Question