Clothes for dogs.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by LaneAlf, Aug 10, 2016.

1. LaneAlf

LaneAlf Member

I'm not sure if this has been posted before but it would be nice to hear more opinions/experiences about this topic.
    Are you the type of person who buys clothes for their dogs?
    I would say that I find myself doing this on colder days. In winter, all my dogs have a sweater on because sometimes they spend a lot of time outside, and I think that cold weather can be somewhat dangerous for them. But I have met a few people who literally have a complete wardrobe for their dogs, something for every occasion!
    What about you? Do you bought clothes to your dogs that often?

LaneAlf, Aug 10, 2016
  2. LaneAlf

cluckeyo Active Member

It gets pretty cold here in winter and Valentine is a little slick haired chihuahua. I have bought her some sweaters over the years. And she likes them once I get them on her. I have not used them since we got the pet doors, because she gets in and out very quickly and I don't want the bother of taking the sweater on and off. It is plenty warm in the house.

cluckeyo, Aug 10, 2016
  3. LaneAlf

amelia88 Well-Known Member

I don't have clothes for Banjo, apart from one winter puffy jacket type thing that we put on him when we go out walking in the wintertime. It is too cold here for him to just be outside when we take him for a short walk - but other than that, no. He doesn't really even tolerate the jacket the best - so I think trying to keep clothes on him any other time would be a nightmare, really!

amelia88, Aug 11, 2016
  4. LaneAlf

Pippin Member

No not really, I have read that they don't really like it anyway. I have seen plenty of dogs in clothing, but I don't put my Retrievers in it, they have all that fur, and don't need it. Especially during the summer, if I want them to have extra clothing, I'll wrap them in blankets when it time to go to bed during the Winter or so.

Pippin, Aug 16, 2016
  5. LaneAlf

Corzhens Well-Known Member

We have 3 dogs that we treat as family so you can guess that they have a cabinet of their own that contains their things - from grooming tools and toiletries up to accessories like clothes and collars. And since we bring along our dogs to vacations, their clothes are always ready for the occasion. However, we only dress up our dogs when we go to a cool place because they get uncomfortable with clothes when the weather is warm. Their favorite vacation place is Baguio City where the climate hovers in 15 degrees or less which our dogs truly enjoy.

Corzhens, Aug 16, 2016
  6. LaneAlf

claudine Well-Known Member

My Homer has two winter coats and one warm sweater made by my mom. Winters here can be harsh, so it's necessary. I don't want him to catch a cold.
    Unfortunately, he really doesn't like wearing clothes.

claudine, Aug 16, 2016
  7. LaneAlf

IcyBC Well-Known Member

My dog has short hair, and the winter here is brutal. He shakes when he has to go outside, so my nephew bought him one for Christmas. He doesn't like it that much, but tolerates it for a while.

I am thinking of getting him a thicker winter proof jacket this year. He is spoiled, can you tell? :)

IcyBC, Aug 16, 2016
Ask a Question