Chicken dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by nikki, Aug 20, 2012.

1. nikki

nikki Well-Known Member

My friend has a shepherd thats the biggest chicken. Any loud noise and this dog will literally leap into your arms like OMG hold me like a baby style. Its the weirdest funniest thing. I dont think Ive ever seen a dog do this! She has never been hurt, abused or otherwise mistreated. They got her as a pup.

nikki, Aug 20, 2012
  2. nikki

claudine Well-Known Member

This is so cute! I've never met a dog like this. I think it would wake up my motherly instincts and I'd get very protective:p . My little dog is more than courageous. Only a big noises could scare him, nothing else. He always barks at dogs much bigger that him and he is not afraid of highs.

claudine, Aug 20, 2012
  3. nikki

Jessi Well-Known Member

Aww.

I wonder why she's so scared like that? I've never seen a dog quite so jumpy either, hehe.

Jessi, Aug 21, 2012
  4. nikki

nikki Well-Known Member

Me either! I just think shes a big old chicken. Sometimes she barks and hides from the doorbell or flies. I know the lady they got her from babies her puppies and hand feeds them kibble, maybe thats why?

nikki, Aug 22, 2012
  5. nikki

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Maybe she is insecure. Mishka suffers from this. Whenever there is only one of us at home she will follow so close.

argon_0, Aug 23, 2012
  6. nikki

supergirl Active Member

Sounds like she's just had a traumatic experience as a youngster. It's normal for dogs to be scared of bangs and loud noises as well. Most dogs will flinch but I've never seen one jump up into their owners arms. It sounds so cute.

supergirl, Aug 24, 2012
Ask a Question