Blind Puppy Becomes Teams Unofficial Mascot

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Melody, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

This is such a neat story. A blind puppy was found wandering around town. It was taken to a shelter. The article says that the puppy lost its eyesight in an accident, but doesn't go into detail about it.

A triple A baseball team was doing volunteer work at the same shelter. A pitcher for the team fell in love with the dog and adopted him. He named him "Stevie Wonder". :)

When the team is home, Stevie is at the stadium cheering the team on. You can see some photos of the dog here:
    http://radio.foxnews.com/2012/06/16/blind-puppy-finds-home-with-baseball-team/

My sister's previous dog went blind at 11 years old. It is not easy for the dog or the owner. There is an adjustment period as everyone adapts. The dog can get frustrated trying to find his or her way around. The dog owner is naturally nervous that the dog will harm themselves. Eventually, they figure out how to live together again.

It's really nice that someone adopted this dog. I imagine many people passed him over.

Melody, Jun 23, 2012
  2. Melody

Jessi Well-Known Member

Aww, that's so awesome that Stevie has a home with the team now. I think dogs usually adjust to it quite well, but I would always be nervous about something happening.

Jessi, Jun 23, 2012
  3. Melody

zararina Well-Known Member

Stevie was lucky to find a new loving home for him. ;)
    He looks like chuckie (one of the dogs here) and he is cute!
    A friend of mine used to have a blind dog before and she is a sweet dog.

zararina, Jun 24, 2012
Ask a Question