Baths

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by danielle davidson, Jul 17, 2015.

1. danielle davidson

danielle davidson Active Member

When it's time to give my dog a bath, he hates it. I mean he hates any type of water to the point where if he sees a puddle then he expects me to pick him up over it! I always thought that dogs loved water, especially during the summer when they can get cool. A couple days ago I tried to give Remy a pool that he could play in and I filled it with water, and he just kept jumping out when I would put him in it. He also will jump from the tub if he gets a chance when I'm trying to give him a bath. Does anyone else's dog do this? Or do your dogs love water?

danielle davidson, Jul 17, 2015
  2. danielle davidson

IcyBC Well-Known Member

My dog loves water, but not necessary bath though! After the rain, if he gets to go outside, he would walk right into the puddle and starts drinking it up like he has never drink any water before. He will go into the bathroom if we told him to for bath time, and some time he refused and just went into his kennel to lie down.

IcyBC, Jul 18, 2015
  3. danielle davidson

Trellum Well-Known Member

My dog runs away every time he knows it's bath time :p LOL. I think this is rather common for dogs, most dogs seem to naturally dislike water, just like cats. My dog at first plays hard, but then when I am giving him a bath he stays put and seems to enjoy it :)

Trellum, Jul 18, 2015
  4. danielle davidson

claudine Well-Known Member

My Homer hates water too. I think taking a bath is his least favorite thing to do;) He gets so angry whenever I try to put him in water! He growls, barks, bites and runs away, lol:p

claudine, Jul 18, 2015
  5. danielle davidson

Yup, Remy is the same way! He gets really upset when we have to give him a bath, I can only imagine what he does when he's at the groomers! Haha Remy does try to bite, so I hold him a certain way. That way he won't be able to bite me. I know he hates water but sometimes he just really needs to take a bath. I wish he did like water because I would love to have him in a pool or something. I feel so bad when it's hot outside.

danielle davidson, Jul 18, 2015
  6. danielle davidson

I, too, wish my dog liked water. It would be fun to watch him play in a pool. My parents have a small pool that would be perfect for him.
    Unfortunately, he hates water more than anything in this world.

claudine, Jul 20, 2015
  7. danielle davidson

Yeah, I'm in the same situation. I mean I try to wet him down on hot days with a hose, and he just hates it. I just feel bad because he gets very hot, and I'm sure that he would like to be cooled down. He just hates water.

danielle davidson, Jul 26, 2015
  8. danielle davidson

I prefer not to think what would happen if I tried to wet my Homer down with a hose;) I'm pretty sure he would bite off my hand, lol. He's always so angry when his hair is wet!

claudine, Jul 27, 2015
  9. danielle davidson

Haha yes, and that wouldn't be good. I mean Remy isn't like that. He does try to bite you though if you bring him into a body of water. There has been many times that Remy has tried to bite me because I want to give him a bath.

danielle davidson, Jul 27, 2015
  10. danielle davidson

Is Remy aggressive? My Homer definitely is. He bites me not only when I want to give him a bath, but also whenever he's in a bad mood, lol;) I'm glad he's not a Rottweiler;)

claudine, Jul 28, 2015
  11. danielle davidson

KimmyMarkks Active Member

Both of my dogs loved water! They were lab mixes. But it's funny because they both hated baths. My mom always said because they were in control when they went swimming. However, we forced them to take a bath. One of my dogs was such a trouble maker.. she would roll around in the mud that we would have to hose her down in the backyard. She would cry and cry during it.

KimmyMarkks, Nov 25, 2015
  12. danielle davidson

This is really funny KimmyMarkks, most dogs who like water like being bathed as well;)
    My Homer has never tried to swim, but I'm sure he would hate it. He can't stand having wet hair:p The only water he likes is the one is his bowl.

claudine, Nov 26, 2015
  13. danielle davidson

Djordje87 Active Member

My goldie is very humble and when i say something like, 'Joe time for a bath.', he doesn't like it and his tail and his head fall down but he goes into a bath tub by himself. He is well trained and quite reasonable considering a fact he is a dog and even worse, a golden retriever. I mean, they are 'smart' but the level of concentration they posses is equal to nothing. Take Doug for example :)

Djordje87, Nov 26, 2015
Ask a Question