Bathing, love it or hate it

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by nikki, Aug 18, 2012.

1. nikki

nikki Well-Known Member

Im talking about us pet parents! Do you hate bathing your dog or do you not mind?

I really, really dislike bathing butch. Be ALWAYS shakes with every single drop of water. Hes a shaking fool! It does make it easy to get the grime off him but my poor tub and ceiling!

Gigi Love baths so I dont mind giving her a scrub. She will often jump in the shower and demand to be washed if the door isnt completely closed. Shes much easier to handle. She must have been a princess in her former life.

nikki, Aug 18, 2012
  2. nikki

argon_0 Well-Known Member

My wife and I don't mind so much. What we find a bit of a pain though is when Mishka refuses to sit down in the tin tub we have to wash her in. We have a team effort when it comes to giving her a bath. I set the tin bath up on the verandah. Attach the shower attachment to the hot and cold taps. Get the fire inside cranked up and the fluffy dog mat near by and grab a couple of towels. My wife has the chore of bathing so probably has more of the water works. Though I have the task of emptying gallons of water.

argon_0, Aug 20, 2012
  3. nikki

Evilsprinkles Well-Known Member

Since both my dogs are shorthairs, they're not so bad with water retention. I'm also lucky that they don't mind having a bath, they both relax and enjoy it when they're in there. Trying to lug a bull mastiff into a bathtub, is kind of interesting, but we manage it. She will just sit there and look mildly inconvenienced, until it's time to do her belly. She really likes that part.

The smaller dog we own, likes to splash about in the water a bit, and even tried to drink it once. But then, he's a complete idiot.

Evilsprinkles, Aug 20, 2012
  4. nikki

MakingCents Well-Known Member

My dog HATES getting a bath. Fortunately for him, he doesn't get all greasy and smelly in between baths like some other dogs I know. So he gets a bath about 3 times a year and then we just use grooming wipes in between baths.

MakingCents, Aug 20, 2012
  5. nikki

haopee Well-Known Member

Fortunately, Buchi enjoys being bathed. It's Chooey and Peanuts who claws their ways out of the bathroom. I even have to sometimes trick them to be able to catch them when they feel it's bathing time. And I don't even do this on schedule.

Here's the thread where you can check out Buchi's bathing experience. Does your dog love baths?

As for me, well, rest assured that at the end of bath time I am either 50% to 80% wet with doggy scratches, licks and even hugs.

haopee, Aug 20, 2012
  6. nikki

claudine Well-Known Member

I don't like it because I know how much he haters it and I really don't want to do something against his will. Not only because he'll be in a bad mood, but also because he bites:p . He also tries to run away during his bath so in the end we are both wet. This is why I don't bath him often.

claudine, Aug 23, 2012
  7. nikki

supergirl Active Member

I just have to say the word bath in order for my dog to disappear somewhere in the house and for me to then proceed playing hide and seek for the next 10 minutes. She hates it. I have to get in the bath with her wearing shorts and t-shirt in order to keep her in there. It's not a lot of fun in this house hold..

supergirl, Aug 25, 2012
Ask a Question