bad dog breath

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by wahmed, Mar 19, 2015.

1. wahmed

Trellum Well-Known Member

Mint treat? Those sound better than those treats I give mine, they smell kinda meaty, mint sounds much better. Hehehehe! You mean his breath or the way he smells in general? I honestly don't mind my Frida's corporal smell, she smells a bit like a dog but not much. I'm used to her scent :p

Trellum, Apr 24, 2015
  2. wahmed

claudine Well-Known Member

I was talking about the way he smells in general, lol;) He doesn't let us bathe him, so you can imagine how dirty he is;)
    As for mint treats, they smell really nice and fresh. Homer loves them:)

claudine, Apr 24, 2015
  3. wahmed

Oh really? When was the last time he was bathed? And by not letting you bathe him you mean he bites a bit and growls or just moves around a lot? I've seen that a lot with cats, but not so much with doggies :O

Trellum, Apr 25, 2015
  4. wahmed

The last time he was bathed was around two months ago:confused:
    He does all of those things. He bites, growls and tries to run away. Having wet hair drives him insane!

claudine, Apr 26, 2015
  5. wahmed

Oh Homer, he sounds like such a naughty little boy :p I bet he had a very bad first bathing experience? Frida looked at me funny when I was giving her a bath for the first time. I was applying shampoo all over here, but when I went a bit south with the shampoo she was like: Heey!!!! watch out!!!''. Hahahaha!

Trellum, Apr 26, 2015
  6. wahmed

Haha:D Frida sounds like a very calm and sweet dog!
    Homer really is a naughty little boy. My mom gave him his first bath. When he was a puppy, he wasn't as aggressive and independent as he is now, so he didn't try to bite her;)

claudine, Apr 27, 2015
  7. wahmed

Ahh!! So he was more calm when he was younger? You know, I have seen little dogs like that turn a bit aggressive after a while, it happens a lot with the little ones. I noticed that a lot with the chihuahua dogs mostly :)

Trellum, Apr 28, 2015
  8. wahmed

He wasn't calm, but he didn't bite us as often as he does now;) He's much more courageous. For example, when he was a puppy, he used to run away from big dogs. Now, he attacks them:confused:

claudine, Apr 29, 2015
  9. wahmed

Hahahahahaha! Oh Homer, he sounds like such a character, I have heard small dogs tend to forget how small they are, and often compensate that being extra courageous ;) Yorkies are soooo cute!!!

Trellum, Apr 29, 2015
  10. wahmed

I wish he could see himself in a mirror. Maybe it would make him realize how tiny and cute he is;) Does Frida bark at dogs bigger than her?

claudine, Apr 30, 2015
  11. wahmed

She doesn't seem so interested in other dogs, we just wags her tail at the other dogs when we go for a walk :) I read that's one of the many ways they say hi to each other in the street :) She only barks at the dogs who bark at her first, lol. My silly girl <3

Trellum, May 1, 2015
  12. wahmed

Awww, she's so cute and friendly! Homer rarely wags his tail at other dogs. He just growls and barks. I can't let him off-leash:confused:

claudine, May 1, 2015
  13. wahmed

She is a very calm dog :) I new it since day one she came home, she liked to just lie down on the floor, and I didn't care to bite or pull anything. She goes crazy if she sniffs a rat tho :p She gets over excited! Hehehe, Homer sounds like a very daring dog :O

Trellum, May 2, 2015
  14. wahmed

Homer is crazy, I knew it since day one, haha:) When I first saw him, he was runing around the house, trying to sniff everything. He wasn't shy at all.
    Do you let Frida off leash?

claudine, May 2, 2015
  15. wahmed

Sometimes, if we are in a place with a lot open space and no dogs nearby I do :) There is a place near my house, but they're starting to build a lot houses, can see them in the distance. So we won't be able to go there anymore soon :( But for now, yes, she can roam free there. It's like a party for her, lol. What about you? Do you know a place like that where you live? Where you can let your Homer roam free?

Trellum, May 3, 2015
  16. wahmed

We live near a really big and beautiful park. Many little dogs play there. Unfortunately, I can't let Homer off leash, because he'd run away:confused: He's so unpredictable and naughty! I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to catch him.

claudine, May 3, 2015
  17. wahmed

Oh, does he bark to the little dogs too? or only to the big ones? That is a pity, I think you have talked about that park before, I still remember, it sound like a wonderful place to be :) Wish they had places like that where I lie, but soon I'll be moving to a place that has a big park nearby as well.

Trellum, May 4, 2015
  18. wahmed

I'm sure Frida will love living near a big park:) It sounds like a perfect place for dogs!
    Homer barks at all animals, but he's especially aggressive towards really big dogs:confused: He isn't scared of them at all.

claudine, May 4, 2015
  19. wahmed

Oh! I think he can sense the threat (deep down I think that when he sees those big dogs he realizes he is not so big and he doesn't like it) by those big mean dogs ;) Does he have any canine friend? Or not? Does he bark at female dogs as well?

Trellum, May 6, 2015
  20. wahmed

Usually, he barks at all dogs, both male and female. The only dog he doesn't try to attack belongs to our neighbors. He always ignores her. It's a pity, because she seems willing to be friends with him. I honestly believe he considers himself human;)

claudine, May 6, 2015
Ask a Question