bad dog breath

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by wahmed, Mar 19, 2015.

1. wahmed

wahmed Active Member

A great way of treating bad breath is adding parsley in their food. Also put dog toothpaste on a brush and let them lick it up

wahmed, Mar 19, 2015
  2. wahmed

claudine Well-Known Member

To be honest, I'm not sure if Homer would like to eat parsley. It grows in our garden and he always ignores it.
    Usually, I give him dog mints.

claudine, Mar 19, 2015
  3. wahmed

Winterybella Well-Known Member

I have heard that parsley is good for human bad breath, so I guess I shouldn't be surprise to hear it can work for dogs. I don't have a good time trying to clean my dogs teeth so I often don't bother and just give them those dental treats.
    There are mints as in reading "dog mints?" I should check that out.

Winterybella, Mar 21, 2015
  4. wahmed

They're special, mint treats for dogs. Homer's favorite have a shape of a toothbrush. They're dark green and rather small. You can buy them in any pet store:)

claudine, Mar 22, 2015
  5. wahmed

Any pet store? I don't think so. I used to do most of pet treat shopping when I traveled and I don't travel nearly as much. I'll check them out. While I am finding more things here, there are some things we don't have here. If I run into here I would be happy.

Winterybella, Mar 22, 2015
  6. wahmed

mkCampbell Active Member

We used the dentastix brand, I think that is what it's called. Small, med, large sizes depending on the dog. They liked them and they seemed to work. I saw a different brand at Target the other day. I think our vet has his own version as well, kind of a private label style. We were happy with the results.

mkCampbell, Mar 23, 2015
  7. wahmed

That's the name I was trying to remember. I have bought it abroad and I saw it at home. That I couldn't remember the name means I have not had any recently. I honestly can't say my dogs loved them as I remember it but they used them whenever they were around. Truth be told it's just one of my dogs whose breath is a little off at times.

Winterybella, Mar 23, 2015
  8. wahmed

I hope you'll be able to find them. They look like this:

[​IMG]
    They're available in all pet stores in my area.

claudine, Mar 23, 2015
  9. wahmed

wahmed Active Member

I couldn't find them for the life if need. Can you tell me a brand name to order online

wahmed, Mar 23, 2015
  10. wahmed

To be honest, I'm not sure what brand are they. Usually, I just go to a pet store and ask for two or three dog mints. They don't have a special package. The person who sells them puts them in a small paper bag.

claudine, Mar 23, 2015
  11. wahmed

ringleaderchick New Member

When I noticed that my dog had terrible breath I did some research and the cheapest and easiest fix was parsley. I added parsley to her food every time I fed her and I was able to find a decent size bottle of dried parsley at Wal-Mart for 88cents over by the spices. I even try buying the dog treats that have parsley as an ingredient and it has helped so well. I have been doing this for a few months and just after a few days I could notice a huge difference.

ringleaderchick, Mar 24, 2015
    claudine likes this.
  12. wahmed

Hello, Ringleaderchick! It's very nice to meet you:)
    This is a really great advice! Parsley is a healthy herb. I'll add it to my dog's food too. I hope he likes the taste of it.

claudine, Mar 25, 2015
  13. wahmed

I picked up some dog milk bones dental something when I was traveling recently. I am now sorry I did not buy more. I don't know if it's all in my mind but I think it really made Zola's breath nice and fresh. She is the only one who comes all up in my face and often has bad breath but recently it seemed fresh and I wondered if the milk bone was actually working.

Then I saw it advertised on CNN or one of those channels and I wondered it that's the reason I opted to buy that one. I just know if it's in my country, it's going to be expensive.

Winterybella, Apr 15, 2015
  14. wahmed

Fortunately, there are lots and lots of different dog breath treats, I hope you'll be able to find something not very expensive. Homer's favorite mints are relatively cheap:)

claudine, Apr 16, 2015
  15. wahmed

I saw some minties or something like that and I meant to go back and get some more but never did. The liked the milk bones but i did not give ginger any . Actually I did but took it from her when she looked like she would choke. She eats too quickly. Besides the treats for cleaning I think Zola needs her teeth cleaned. I looked at them earlier and I was not happy . Today I stayed at home with them.

Winterybella, Apr 16, 2015
  16. wahmed

I'd love to spend a whole day with Homer!:) I saw him today, but I already miss him:)
    His teeth have always been white, clean and healthy. I think it might have something to do with his diet. He chews a lot of raw vegetables.

claudine, Apr 17, 2015
  17. wahmed

That must be it. I was not happy when I looked at Zola's the other day. I was trying to think if she had anything that would have left them looking like that on the particular day. For some reason they just did not look good. I am going to have a look at them tonight when I get in. They had a good day with me yesterday and not they have been left with me way too long. They must be mad. They like it when I am around. Only if they could pay me...:)

Winterybella, Apr 17, 2015
  18. wahmed

It would be more than wonderful if we could get paid for spending time with our dogs;)
    However, the truth is that Homer likes being alone. He often goes to his room and bites everyone who dares to follow him:confused:

claudine, Apr 22, 2015
  19. wahmed

Trellum Well-Known Member

Bad breath is something most dog owners have to deal with ;) I don't think much of it, I give my Frida some of those special treats that are supposed to help clean her teeth and she is good to go :) I give her one daily. It works great :)

Trellum, Apr 23, 2015
  20. wahmed

To be honest, I kind of like Homer's smell. It might sound disgusting, but the truth is that smelling him always makes me feel at home, lol:p I got used to it.
    I give him one mint treat a week. He gains weight easily, so I have to be careful with feeding him.

claudine, Apr 23, 2015
Ask a Question