Another temporary paw injury

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Melody, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

I wrote a few days ago about how Misha's paw came up lame one evening. Then, after a couple of hours rest she was fine. Well, it happened again, but with a different paw.

I took her out this morning. When I turned to get the dog poop, she ran a circle around the other side. Then, she froze and wouldn't put her front paw down. I picked her up and took her inside. Once again, there appeared to be nothing really wrong. She didn't seem sensitive to touch on her paw or leg. She didn't react or cry out. She was licking the pad off and on, so I assume whatever it was affected her pads.

I fed her by hand, then put her in the bed in the living room. I watched it for swelling and any sign of allergic reaction in case it was a sting or bite. An hour later, she was still favoring it but would put a little weight on it. By 11:30 am, she was fine.

If it had been the same leg, I'd be concerned that there was some sort of chronic issue. But, the last time it was the back leg. So, now I think there is something growing in the lawn that has a thorn or something that pokes, but doesn't break off in the skin. I did a quick search but didn't see anything. Unfortunately, I didn't see exactly where she came up lame so I couldn't focus on that area of the grass.

Isn't this the strangest thing? She hasn't had an injured leg in two years. Now she's injured two different legs in 8 days.

Melody, Jul 24, 2012
Ask a Question