A Dog's Best Friend?

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by argon_0, Oct 7, 2012.

1. argon_0

argon_0 Well-Known Member

The caption reads.
    "You take it back right now...we still got the last one you brought home"
    [​IMG]

argon_0, Oct 7, 2012
  2. argon_0

pilot2fly Well-Known Member

Reminds me of Planet of the Apes. Except the dogs are the intelligent ones, not apes.

pilot2fly, Oct 8, 2012
  3. argon_0

claudine Well-Known Member

I wonder how the world would look like if dogs were in charge. I guess I'd be forced to bring food to Homer all the time and to throw him cones at least once per hour:p .

claudine, Oct 8, 2012
  4. argon_0

As much as we love our dogs and feel we make plenty of decisions for them it can become apparent that they are somewhat in charge of us. You get home after a hard day and know, yes, I have to take you for that walk and throw the ball around for half an hour. You finish your evening meal and yes, I will get your supper and wont make you wait one more second. Okay, okay I can hear you and get up out of bed to let them outside while you wait half asleep leaning against the door frame on a freezing cold night while they check every thing out in the garden.
    Maybe we are a dogs best friend.:confused:

argon_0, Oct 8, 2012
    claudine likes this.
  5. argon_0

Nick87 Well-Known Member

We say we're in charge...but look who's picking up who's poop? :p

Nick87, Oct 9, 2012
  6. argon_0

Too true. They vomit also and if we don't let them eat it, well it's up to us. Last time I vomited I would have cleaned it up. So yes, their best friends,us, o_O run about after them all the time. But don't we just love our dogs?:confused:
    Of course we do.:)

argon_0, Oct 9, 2012
  7. argon_0

claudine Well-Known Member

You are so right! Sometimes I'm so sleepy that I can't stand straight but I still have to throw cones. How could I say no to those puppy eyes and wagging tail?:p

claudine, Oct 9, 2012
    argon_0 likes this.
  8. argon_0

Jessi Well-Known Member

Hehe.

Sometimes I think that's how my pets view me anyway. I don't own them. They own me, lol.

Jessi, Oct 9, 2012
  9. argon_0

I guess most of you have heard the adage Dogs have masters and cats have staff. I agree cats have their staff, that stands to reason if you have ever owned a kitty but dogs do have some kind of hold over us even if they let us believe we are the masters.:confused:

argon_0, Oct 10, 2012
  10. argon_0

haopee Well-Known Member

I've read that. LOL. I find it hilarious how others consider themselves "assistants" of their cats while dogs get to call their masters mommy or daddy.

Dogs have mastered the power of manipulation. They stare at you for a long time and expect for you to take pity in their predicament. Eventually we start giving in thinking "just a little will do". We see how the smallest things make them happy and decide to give them more until they end up getting what they really planned to take from us.

haopee, Oct 10, 2012
    argon_0 likes this.
  11. argon_0

Totally agree. I hear myself say silly things like give mommy a kiss or say goodmorning .:rolleyes:
    When I make morning coffee for my wife who's still in bed before she has to fly out the door, I look over to Mishka's couch and there she is eye balling me to see if I'll pour a drop of milk in her bowl.Then it's upstairs with me to have coffee and that's when I will say though those silly things. She's got me sorted. That's for sure.:)

argon_0, Oct 10, 2012
  12. argon_0

haopee Well-Known Member

AHA!!!! A dad in a the grip of Mishka's hands. It's not often I hear about a dad talking about their dogs in such a way. Often times I would read about men who are into pets talking about their work as a volunteer, agility training, doing an adventure or somewhat resolving some issue of their dog... but never one who prefers getting called a "daddy". That's just adorable. Does your wife know about this? ;)

And that I ask with utmost concern and as a friend.

haopee, Oct 11, 2012
  13. argon_0

ahh .Err. Not sure what to say? I better get down stairs and get dinner on the go. :)
    And I can here Mishka playing with her treatball. It can only mean one thing.:rolleyes:

argon_0, Oct 11, 2012
  14. argon_0

haopee Well-Known Member

Confess :p

The truth will set you free!

You should take a picture of Mishka with a piece of paper hanging down her neck saying, "I make daddy my personal assistant when mommy isn't home."

Or something between the lines.

haopee, Oct 12, 2012
    argon_0 likes this.
Ask a Question