500 dogs destined for the dinner table

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by King Browny, Apr 26, 2012.

1. King Browny

King Browny Well-Known Member

Crammed into tiny cages and enduring appalling conditions, these dogs had been destined for restaurant tables in China.

But they were saved from that fate after activists intercepted the truck carrying them.

Many of the 505 creatures had barely survived their terrible ordeal, having endured cramped conditions and a lack of water during their near 1,000 mile journey by road.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...destined-restaurants-China.html#ixzz1t7rOMiHG

Happy to find these pets saved. :)

King Browny, Apr 26, 2012
  2. King Browny

zararina Well-Known Member

Nice those dogs had been save.
    That news made me remember the news I had read before about the puppy that had been barbecued alive in the open street of China. It seems a normal scene for them even kids there just watch it as if it was a normal thing at all.

zararina, Apr 26, 2012
  3. King Browny

^:eek: That sounds crazy! Why do they have to do that? Their noodles and pao are lovely to eat why don't they just prefer to eat that?

King Browny, Apr 27, 2012
  4. King Browny

zararina Well-Known Member

Yeah reading that news, I am also thinking the same thing about it.

zararina, Apr 27, 2012
  5. King Browny

kinser Well-Known Member

I've been reading a book about North Korea, and it says dog meat is fairly common in Asia where other types of meat are rare or expensive. My former step-mom spent time in the Phillipines as a child when her dad was in the Air Force, and they had the most awful thing happen - their pet dog was stolen and eaten :(.

I hate hearing about animals suffering - I actually have more of an issue with the mistreatment these animals experience before being slaughtered than with the actual use of them for their meat.

kinser, Apr 27, 2012
  6. King Browny

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

The next logical thing to do is to put those dog traffickers into the cages and take them on a one-way journey to the nearest cliff. I know that some people do not differentiate between dogs and, say, cows. I know for sure that dogs are not the same as cows, otherwise we would be using cows to herd dogs instead.

Victor Leigh, Apr 28, 2012
  7. King Browny

MakingCents Well-Known Member

I can not understand wanting to eat a DOG! It absolutely makes me sick. I looked at those pictures and had to hug my sweet baby. But I do know that in some cultures people eat dogs (shudder). But I agree that hte condition these dogs were living in before being slaughtered was deplorable and even worse than the actual act of eating them would have been. That is absolutely disgusting though. I can't believe people eat DOG

MakingCents, Apr 30, 2012
  8. King Browny

Jessi Well-Known Member

Kinser, that's awful!

I really don't have a huge issue with dogs being used as meat either, simply because it's a cultural difference. We often think it's awful because we see dogs as pets, but in other areas, that may not be the case. To use -pets-, though, isn't okay at all, and the theft of a personal pet is awful. :( :( I may eat chicken, but I'd never think it was okay to steal someone's pet chicken and eat it.

Jessi, Apr 30, 2012
  9. King Browny

Jalisa7 Member

What kills me inside more than the article itself are the comments... Did anyone happen to scroll down a bit more and read some of them? There are actually people trying to justify eating dogs.. One guy even said "Don't see what the problem is? If any of us were starving we would eat a dog. No different from eating a fish, cow, pig or a chicken. Dogs are no different than any other animal." These are the types of people that make me lose hope in humanity.

Jalisa7, May 1, 2012
  10. King Browny

You must understand that in certain parts of the world, food is a scarce commodity. So anything that can be eaten is eaten or there won't be anything to eat at all.

Victor Leigh, May 2, 2012
  11. King Browny

Also, in certain part of the world, they prefer the easy way. Rather than to raise cows, pigs and chickens, they would rather smuggle dogs from another places when in truth it’s easier to grow poultry and livestock animals.

King Browny, May 2, 2012
  12. King Browny

That's mainly because dog meat is very much more expensive than other kinds of meat. Breeding dogs just for eating may bring down the price but I will be the first one to fight against that.

Victor Leigh, May 2, 2012
    King Browny likes this.
  13. King Browny

Jalisa7 Member

Oh I understand that food is scarce in some places. People need to eat to survive. But that still doesn't make it right. Then again that is just the way I see it.

Jalisa7, May 2, 2012
  14. King Browny

Yes, I am with you 1000% on this. Eating dogs is just as bad as eating children. Dogs are not just dumb animals. They have proven many times that they are very loyal to their masters and, literally, would die to defend their masters.

Victor Leigh, May 3, 2012
  15. King Browny

Dogs can pinpoint a certain person ate their kind, one more reason that they cannot be lined to edible stocks. They would be furious to no end with this person even if he didn’t do them any harm. It’s because they know he had eaten their kind. Even humans can’t do that, right. I don’t know what to call that kind of their ability.

King Browny, May 4, 2012
  16. King Browny

I have no idea about this ability. However I do know that dogs can easily tell if a person is afraid of dogs. Something to do with the smell of sweat that forms when a person is afraid.

Victor Leigh, May 5, 2012
  17. King Browny

It is a known fact in our country since I also came from a dog-eating country but glad that we also now have PAWS and PETA and other dog groups/orgs in our country that are active in fight against cruelty on dogs but of course there are still places and people that continue this “tradition” of drinking liquor together with eating “dog viand something”. It’s the same when my neighbor who’s abusing his dog was bitten by my dog because well, my dogs can hear the cries of the neighboring dog and somehow they can tell who’s hurting their mate and since the dog being abused could only be pliant with what his master does to him, the neighboring dogs will somehow have their way to avenge him. As to why they can tell who eats their kind is really a mystery but it’s been tested. I’ve known this with my dogs because there are dog eaters who would pass by the neighborhood. You would wonder why they would bark, growl, hate this certain person but not the other passersby. And then you will ask them, “Do you eat dog?” which the uncanny reply would be, “Yes.” And also there’s this one time as I was buying in my landlady’s store, there’s this man who can’t pass. Why? Because my landlady’s dog is so mad at him that whichever way he went the dog was right there standing on his way and was furiously barking at him and the man was, like, shouting “What’s this dog’s problem?” because the others could pass by easily while him, well. And automatically the mystery question was aired, “Do you eat dog?” And his answer is positive. The one thing that I haven’t tried though is to tell these dog-eating men to apologize to the dog and see if the dog would forgive them.

King Browny, May 7, 2012
  18. King Browny

No, I doubt if an apology would work. I wish the Twilight Network actually worked. The Twilight Network was an idea from a movie where dogs share the latest news by howling in the evening. If the Twilight Network actually existed, then I think those dog-eaters would have been eaten by dogs long ago.

Victor Leigh, May 7, 2012
  19. King Browny

Twilight Network. Also like in the chickens in the morning when one chicken cockadoodledoo then the rest of the chicken in the neighborhood follow one after the other (okay, that’s the Daybreak Network).

I remember seeing that all the time in dog movies when they need to rescue a dog (or an animal friend) being abducted. Yes, they relay the message via howling then they would run to where the howling is to know the exact location or they follow the rest of the dogs running to where the abductee is.

What I know about dogs in real life is that they gather together to put down a baddie. See, my dogs and the neighbor’s dog would get into each other’s neck sometimes but when one started barking at a suspicious being (say, this tricycle guy who would shout “Aso! Bumibili ng aso!” (“Dog! Buying dogs!”)) then the rest of the dogs in the neighborhood will follow and that tricycle guy was forced to leave because you’d really see these dogs so angry and there’s some dogs who can’t contain themselves that they would snap attack at the leg of that unspeakable guy.

King Browny, May 10, 2012
  20. King Browny

You mean people do that openly where you live? I mean go around buying dogs to be killed for eating?

If they did that openly in Thailand, the dogs wouldn't have to do anything. The people would have cut such people to pieces and fed them to the dogs.

I think Thailand has a very large percentage of dog lovers in its population. There are people who would intentionally buy food and feed the strays. There's one lady who even buys brand-name dog food by the sacks. She also pays the vet to come and vaccinate the dogs around her house.

Victor Leigh, May 10, 2012
Ask a Question