5 Most Laid-back Breeds Chosen by Veterinary Professionals

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Trellum, May 29, 2014.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

By Kristen Seymour |

Do you prefer an evening in, snuggling on the couch and watching Turner and Hooch for the 60th time, to going out for a big night of dancing? Does your exercise come in the form of a nice, relaxing stroll? When it comes to canine companions, does just the idea of a dog who needs someone to run and play with him for hours on end exhaust you? If so, one of these five dog breeds might be your new best friend.

We asked 122 veterinary professionals for their opinions on which dog breeds they considered the most laid-back, and their five top choices are listed below. One important thing to keep in mind with all these dogs (and any others, for that matter): "Laid-back" does not equal "needs no stimulation." All dogs need at least some level of exercise (mental and physical), not to mention some human interaction, and these breeds are no exception.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.vetstreet.com/our-pet-ex...by-veterinary-professionals?WT.mc_id=cc_yahoo

Trellum, May 29, 2014
  2. Trellum

zararina Well-Known Member

All the dogs in the photos are so cute!! :D
    I actually prefer energetic type of dogs more over laid back ones. I want a dog that enjoys playing and having fun.

zararina, May 29, 2014
  3. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

My Homer isn't laid-back at all. I think that all Yorkshire Terriers are very energetic. They can play for long hours and they're never tired;) Homer loves running, chasing insects, birds and cats, digging holes in my lawn, barking at everyone, jumping, and rolling in grass. He rarely sleeps;)

claudine, Aug 24, 2014
  4. Trellum

Yeah, I think all terriers are so energetic :D Btw, I bet he likes to follow small critters around, right? Mine dog has a bit terrier in him and does that :(

Trellum, Aug 24, 2014
  5. Trellum

Yeah, a laid back dog can be boring, specially if it's very old, lol. But really most dogs like to play, even the ''laid back'' ones, but maybe not as much as one of those super energetic dogs tho.

Trellum, Aug 24, 2014
  6. Trellum

Yes, he does! Chasing animals smaller than him is one of his favorite activities. Also, he always plays with insects. He chews them, lets them run away and tries to catch them again:(

claudine, Sep 6, 2014
  7. Trellum

Oh, yes, he is a terrier so even bugs interest him! My schnauzer (I heard) has a bit of a terrier, but he isn't fond of insects, unless they're big enough, lol. But he loves killing small birds and mice :(

Trellum, Sep 7, 2014
  8. Trellum

Oh no:( That's really awful:( Your schnauzer must be very agile! My Homer has never killed any birds nor mice. I think they're too fast for him. He tries to catch animals that visit our garden, but they always manage to run away:D

claudine, Sep 7, 2014
Ask a Question