15 Outrageous Pet Owner Requests of Vets

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Trellum, May 29, 2014.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

By Dr. Andy Roark | vetstreet.com

[​IMG]

As the man pulled off his shirt and draped it over his dog, I remember thinking, "I hope my technician comes in right about now. No, wait. I don't."
    The appointment had been uneventful until I informed the dog's owner that his dog had a heart murmur. The man replied, "If you think he's got a heart murmur, listen to this!" and off came his shirt.

While the request was odd, I have to admit I was intrigued. It turned out the man did indeed have a much more impressive heart murmur than his dog. In fact, he was just a week away from surgery to have the heart defect corrected.

As he retrieved his shirt and his dog, I couldn't help but notice a look of almost paternal pride on the man's face. It was as if he was considering his dog's mild heart abnormality and thinking, "Yep, that's my boy."

While I'm glad that I got a chance to bring this little family closer, the incident did cause me to stop and consider some of the more unusual interactions between pet owners and veterinarians.

https://shine.yahoo.com/pets/15-outrageous-pet-owner-requests-vets-133300276.html

Trellum, May 29, 2014
  2. Trellum

zararina Well-Known Member

Yes, that is quite odd as well as the other stories.
    Too much connection or love to our pets could sometimes look strange anymore but that is love for a fur family. :D

zararina, May 29, 2014
  3. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

Lol, that's a very funny article, thank you for sharing it:)
    I'm pretty sure our veterinarian thinks that I'm crazy. I always have a million questions to ask him and I worry about everything. I'm such an overprotective dog owner. I can't help it. I want my Homer to be healthy and happy:)

claudine, Aug 24, 2014
  4. Trellum

Hi Claudine! I have the same thought towards my doctors, lol, they surely think I'm crazy because I make a lot questions! But oh well, it's your right and my right to make sure everything is ok!

Trellum, Aug 24, 2014
  5. Trellum

Yeah, I honestly never cared what my old vet thought, I know she was tired of me asking so many questions, but I'm like that, I like to make sure everything is alright with my babies! Plus, we are paying, we have the right to do so.

Trellum, Aug 24, 2014
  6. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

That's true!:) There is nothing wrong in worrying about your pet. We want our dogs to feel good and be healthy, I hope veterinarians can understand it:) But it's not that important. I'd rather be considered crazy than let Homer get sick:p

claudine, Sep 6, 2014
Ask a Question