your...Saddest Song ...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by argon_0, May 16, 2012.

1. argon_0

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Today I was planting some garlic and I remembered a puppy I owned 29 years ago named arrow. I was in a rented house while picking apples and my arrow got knocked by a car and died in my arms. The song I heard playing on the radio was Song for Guy by Elton John.Four years later I met my lovely Annie when I visited a house where she lived. Annie was playing a song for guy on the piano. When she now plays it, I still have goosebumps and tears.

argon_0, May 16, 2012
  2. argon_0

zararina Well-Known Member

I think one of the saddest song for me is Better Days.
    It reminds me of my grandmother and that song makes me miss her more.

zararina, May 16, 2012
    argon_0 likes this.
  3. argon_0

haopee Well-Known Member

Don't be sad. It's always a devastating event in any pet owner's life to lose one of their dearest friend. Whenever I think of my dog Shark, he's the guy on my avatar, I would never have thought that we would lose him in such a helpless way, He was so perky in the morning, come noon and he was no longer moving- only lying down, heaving and looking at us with his pretty eyes. :(

One of the songs I've dedicated to him was "Somewhere Out There".

haopee, May 17, 2012
    argon_0 likes this.
  4. argon_0

I listened to both these songs. It's something when music can move us so much. I guess it's a personal thing that we carry with us for a long time.

Today we have our beautiful friends who can always make us smile no matter what .For me Mishka is always there waiting to do just that.:)

argon_0, May 17, 2012
  5. argon_0

tajnz Well-Known Member

For me one of the saddest most touching songs that reminds me of my childhood dogs is "Angel" by Sarah McLachlan. It still makes me cry.Perhaps partly because I'm lucky enough to not have lost anyone else, all four grand parents are alive. So my dogs passing away took a toll on me it was my first experience of death and loss. :(

On the subject of songs I remember one of Rosie's last few days with us I had some rare time with her alone as of course all the family all wanted to be with her every second. :) My stepdad and mum had to go to a work function and so I got some good final personal time with Rosie one evening. It was a bit out of character for me (as back them I was too shy to sing even infront of my dog) but for some reason I felt compelled to sing to her to ease her suffering (in the end my mum made the call to put her down a few days later). It really seemed to soothe her and so I kept singing with her in arms until my family came home. I'll always remember that.

tajnz, Jul 2, 2012
    SweetBeast and argon_0 like this.
  6. argon_0

Thank you tajnz. That is both sad and beautiful.It really is something how close we feel with our dogs. They are special to us and we are important to them. We definitely have a close bond.

argon_0, Jul 2, 2012
    tajnz likes this.
  7. argon_0

tajnz Well-Known Member

Thanks for your kind words argon. ;) I couldn't agree more, the bond we share with our dogs and that mankind has shared with dogs over hundreds, thousands of years is incredibly special. I'm glad you have Miskha to make you smile. It's been a little sad not having a dog for the past 2-3 years but I know I'll adopt again one day once I've completed my OE "Overseas Experience". My parents who live separetly are also looking at getting dogs so perhaps I'll get to share one soon.

tajnz, Jul 2, 2012
  8. argon_0

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

This one always gets me, it's from the soundtrack to E.T., "The Beginning Of A Friendship"

OhioTom76, Oct 15, 2012
    argon_0 likes this.
  9. argon_0

pafjlh Well-Known Member

Songs can stir such emotions after a loss. I remember shortly after my mother's death I was listening to the radio and Whitney Houston's song All At Once came on. The first few lines that go "All at once I finally took a moment and I'm realizing that your not coming back" had me literally balling my eyes out. I thought about this song again after the death of the original Buddy. Because he was a small dog my brother (who loved him a great deal) decided to bury him in a spot in our back yard. He went to do so and started to cry, because it suddenly hit him that Buddy was really gone.

pafjlh, Nov 7, 2012
  10. argon_0

SweetBeast Well-Known Member

tajnz, you did a beautiful thing, in singing for your sweet Rosie, as she will always remember that, as do you.

In 2004, my Tawnee was called home , but after 19 years, she was able to join her sister Tanja, who had been called home much too soon, in 1995, & be with her parents again. But the night before, I knew the time had come, so I stayed awake all night with her & as you, I sang all the little songs for her I sang over her life. tears now fill my eyes....

SweetBeast, Dec 12, 2012
    argon_0 likes this.
  11. argon_0

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

I don't listen to sad songs because my life has been challenging enough.
    I try to listen to things that uplift me and elevate my mood, not depress myself by wallowing in sad songs and movies.

I'm going through some stress and life issues right now and instead of listening to depressing music, I'm watching the Danish version of Curb Your Enthusiasm on Hulu and laughing at the awkwardness and embarrassing situations that the main character gets into.

ACSAPA, Aug 7, 2013
Ask a Question