Your dog's favorite people food?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Melody, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Melody

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Then there was Ginger!!!! I am sure I said it before but this dog will eat me starting with my toes. I have never had a dog that will literally eat anything. I have to say it's a joy to watch her eat vegetables which none of my dogs really liked before. I always remember Homer being a veggie dog( hope I got that right Claudine) and wondering if my girls would ever entertain healthy eating. Now Ginger is here and she will eat almost anything that is put in front of her.

Winterybella, Jul 22, 2015
    Johanna likes this.
  2. Melody

claudine Well-Known Member

Haha, yes, Homer definitely is a veggie dog:D He loves carrots, salads, green peas and other vegetables. But of course he also likes meat and fish. He eats everything just like Ginger;)

claudine, Jul 23, 2015
    Johanna likes this.
  3. Melody

Johanna Well-Known Member

Yikes chocolate can actually kill a dog. It's poisonous

Johanna, Mar 26, 2016
  4. Melody

Chicken n egg

Johanna, Mar 26, 2016
  5. Melody

That's true. It contains theobromine which is poisonous to dogs. As far as I remember, dark chocolate is more dangerous than milk chocolate.
    Homer loves chicken too:)

claudine, Mar 31, 2016
    Johanna likes this.
  6. Melody

morgoodie Member

My dogs will eat just about anything, but one of them really loves bread. Anytime we are making a sandwich and hears the bread bag, he will charge for the kitchen to get his share. He could eat it all day long but then he would gain too much weight. He loves meat, peanut butter, and anything that falls to the floor. He does not turn his nose up at anything. He makes a good vacuum cleaner. Lol.

morgoodie, Mar 31, 2016
    Johanna likes this.
  7. Melody

Haha

Johanna, Apr 1, 2016
  8. Melody

remnant Well-Known Member

I have found that our dogs have a voracious appetite for shortening and avocados. During the avocado season in our area, we are usually awakened by hordes of dogs marking their territory heartily devouring the overripe avocados. There is a noticeable increase in weight in our pet dogs during this season. They also love food dried with copious amounts of seasoning and vegetable oils.

remnant, Apr 13, 2016
    Johanna likes this.
  9. Melody

Be veryyy careful avocados can kill dogs. Google itx

Johanna, Apr 15, 2016
  10. Melody

Thank you for the warning Johanna. I thought that avocados are healthy for dogs. Fortunately, we rarely eat them here, so I never shared them with Homer.

claudine, Apr 20, 2016
  11. Melody

Corzhens Well-Known Member

Whenever we have fried spam for breakfast, expect our dogs to be under the table. And when my husband is done eating, the dogs would ask for scraps by nudging my husband's leg. Sometimes Barbie the pekingese would emit short barks to get attention. Maybe the aroma of fried spam is very attractive to the taste buds of dogs. So when we have spam, there is always an extra 3 slices for our 3 dogs.

Corzhens, Apr 20, 2016
  12. Melody

Noreht Member

My dogs love any people food, but they are very keen on chicken and any reduced fat extract. I usually add this over the top of their pellets. It is a little bit of both worlds and they really go for it. For some strange reason they also enjoy raw carrots

Noreht, Apr 20, 2016
  13. Melody

Hello Noreht:)
    My Homer loves raw carrots too, it's his favorite treat. I give him small carrot slices a few times a day. Vegetables are healthy, so he can eat them often:) He also likes salad, beetroot and broad bean.

claudine, Apr 26, 2016
  14. Melody

cluckeyo Active Member

My dog loves meat, of course. Another real favorite of hers is pizza. I sprinkle red pepper on it and she eats that too. She always seems real happy when we make pizza. I'll never forget one day when she was a few years younger, her and I sitting in the recliner, sharing a bowl of steamed broccoli. It had cheese on it and she had her fair share that day.

cluckeyo, May 29, 2016
  15. Melody

remnant Well-Known Member

Our dogs love to eat avocados. Our homestead used to have many avocado trees before they were mowed down to provide space in our vast compound and to construct chicken coops. Other than these, our dogs really love any food that contains alot of fat.

remnant, Jun 4, 2016
Ask a Question