Your dog's favorite people food?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Melody, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Melody

Skyspiritflfl Member

Our sweet Pepper loves chicken nuggets and pizza though she doesn't get either very often anymore. Mostly she eats her dog food and treats here at home. On a road trip, we learned of her love for Whip Cream as well but she gained too much weight so now we are cutting back on x-tras and people food and getting her all healthy and back to her prime weight and stance.. she'll get some special treats again soon but for that tha'ts what she gets' - :)

Skyspiritflfl, Sep 18, 2014
  2. Melody

Skyspiritflfl Member

For most, this is the case. Although, we talked to the Vet, and as she had to be weaned on human milk b/c her mom almost died at birth, the Vet said giving it to her occasionally would be okay - too much though and she'll get too fat that's for sure so we're careful to keep it as Super Special and only sometimes treat now - Thank you though cause I wouldn't want to do anything that would hurt our special girl :) - BTW, her picture is now up on the Introductory site for "Meet My Dog.."

Skyspiritflfl, Sep 22, 2014
  3. Melody

claudine Well-Known Member

As far as I know, many dogs are lactose-intolerant. But if the vet told you that you can give her milk, then I'm sure everything is fine:)
    Homer's Super Special treat is fish and chicken baked by my mother. He loves it! I try not to give him too many treats though, because he really shouldn't gain any more weight.

claudine, Oct 21, 2014
    mkCampbell likes this.
  4. Melody

mkCampbell Active Member

I'm a grilling and barbecue guy so my dogs are my grilling buddies. I'm not going to lie and say they don't get a taste here and there. Mostly beef or chicken. What I started doing was keeping a few treats near the grill so when people are getting a burger on a bun I can slip them a dog bone and they are part of the party!

mkCampbell, Mar 6, 2015
    claudine likes this.
  5. Melody

mkCampbell Active Member

My big dog King loves veggies. He'll woof down as many green beans as you can feed him. He also likes pickles?? I found that out by leaving a couple of long pickle slices on a napkin on the coffee table. I came back, no pickles! And on 145 pound Presa with a "I didn't do anything" look on his face.

mkCampbell, Mar 6, 2015
  6. Melody

Winterybella Well-Known Member

My girls like meat, meat and more meat. One is super greedy, so if I see her refuse something I know it's really bad like a cookie I made some months back. They would rather sit and the table and eat everything I cook with the emphasis on meat. In my dialect I would call them "meat mouts".

Winterybella, Mar 6, 2015
  7. Melody

That's a really great idea! We always keep dog treats near our table too:) During dinner, I often give Homer pieces of raw carrots, salad and sometimes cooked meat or fish. He loves it!:)

claudine, Mar 8, 2015
  8. Melody

joycemcgregor Active Member

My little dog is particularly fond of carrots, green beans and peas. The peas and green beans have to be cooked, but she likes thin slices of carrots raw as well as cooked. She also like canned peaches. She actually loves anything I am eating and I am afraid I do give her little bites of whatever I have. I do watch her weight and make sure she eats her own food, but I am sure she would love a diet of all people food everyday.

joycemcgregor, Mar 31, 2015
  9. Melody

Homer loves green peas too:) Usually, he eats them raw. As for canned peaches, I've never shared them with him, but I'm sure he'd love to try them. Like Sadie, he is a big fan of people food.

claudine, Mar 31, 2015
  10. Melody

Trellum Well-Known Member

Frida would eat anything at her reach, lol. She is always closely checking the floor... looking for tiny bits of food to eat! She is being doing that since was was a puppy.

Trellum, Apr 8, 2015
  11. Melody

He loves peas as much as his owner ;) I wonder if that is just a coincidence? :D The dog I had before frida (a mini schnauzer) he loved the taste of cheese and pecans, lol. He went crazy for pecans.

Trellum, Apr 8, 2015
  12. Melody

Homer has never eaten pecans, but he loves the taste of cheese. I sometimes give him tiny pieces of it as a very special treat. It makes happy:) Unfortunately, cheese is unhealthy for dogs.

claudine, Apr 8, 2015
  13. Melody

Yeah, I rarely give cheese to my dogs, actually I found out he liked ''cottage'' cheese by accident one time he was in the kitchen and some fell on the floor. He loved it!!!! Which is funny, because he was such a picky dog!!!

Trellum, Apr 9, 2015
  14. Melody

My Homer has never tried cottage cheese, but I think he would love it. He loves all dairy products. Dogs are like people, aren't they? They have their preferences;)

claudine, Apr 9, 2015
  15. Melody

Hahahaha, yeah! They seem to like eating the weirdest things as well! Of course, some dogs seem to prefer certain things and be super picky! My old Schnauzer used to smell things first before tasting them, if the smell wasn't good enough... then it meant (to him) that it wasn't good for him to even taste it, lol.

Trellum, Apr 10, 2015
  16. Melody

My boyfriend's dog used to smell everything before tasting it too. Homer is different. He swallows all treats as fast as he can, lol;)
    But I know that some dogs are extremely picky. My parents know a Yorkie who doesn't eat anything but tangerines and turkey!:confused:

claudine, Apr 10, 2015
  17. Melody

Mel Member

My two dogs LOVE people food.. their favorite? Probably salmon. Basically ANY type of meat. They just go crazy. Must be the wolf in them. My little Chiweenie likes carrots a lot too.

Mel, May 17, 2015
  18. Melody

superbobby Member

My dog likes to eat bacon. I know its not a good idea but he really likes it and I want to make him happy.

superbobby, May 31, 2015
  19. Melody

Hehehehe! I have heard of very few vegetarian dogs ;) I actually wish my Frida liked veggies and fruits, sadly she only likes meat based stuff. She hate vegs, specially raw vegs! The only vegs she likes are cooked potatoes ;)

Trellum, May 31, 2015
  20. Melody

danielle davidson Active Member

My Remy will eat just about anything, but his favorite would be strawberry's. Usually when I'm making something with them or just eating them then I will give him the tops of them. He really likes to eat anything that he can get his paws on, but this would have to be his favorite.

danielle davidson, Jul 17, 2015
Ask a Question