Your best guess? What is he?

Discussion in 'Breeding' started by inTHEsane, Feb 25, 2012.

1. inTHEsane

inTHEsane Active Member

It has been a mystery talked about many times almost every time I introduce him to someone new.
    The one time he got out while I was at work living in a city, he wound up at the ASPCA their
    best guess was Lab/Mastiff mix. I have found some pictures online that look just like him
    but a few different types of mixes, Great Dane/Mastiff, and can't remember the others right now.

So I was wondering if anyone on here can give me there best guess.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

inTHEsane, Feb 25, 2012
  2. inTHEsane

LoupGarouTFTs Well-Known Member

I'm kind of leaning toward lab/boxer or a lab/mastiff as you were told. Very handsome dog--brindle is probably one of my favorite coat patterns. :)

LoupGarouTFTs, Feb 25, 2012
  3. inTHEsane

summerRain Well-Known Member

The middle picture is so cute and adorable! Looks like he loves eating pringles and I can see it in his excited face!

I would also go for Lab/Mastiff mix. He has the body of a bulky Mastiff and a face of a cute Labrador.

summerRain, Feb 25, 2012
  4. inTHEsane

Yorkie78 Member

I think he looks like a Mastiff/Great Dane or Maybe even Mastiff/Staffordshire Terrier. He is a very handsome boy. I am a sucker for large breed dogs though. I have two, mixed, large breed dogs. My girl is an Australian Shepherd mix and my boy is a Rott/Akita/German Shepherd. I also have a male, purebred Yorkshire Terrier. I have heard that mixed breeds, in general, have better temperaments because there is less chance of inbreeding.

Yorkie78, Feb 25, 2012
  5. inTHEsane

inTHEsane Active Member

Yeah he is like one of the best dogs I have had and/or ever seen. Granted he has some flaws and issues due to his abused childhood before I had him, but other then that he is great and well behaved. Seems like everyone so far is guessing along the lines that my friends, family and I have. Originally they place I got him from, not his original owners, assumed he was a rottie mix, but I believe that was a bad guess and only because of his size at the time. He is a big dog persay but any extra "bulk" you guys see is old age/end of winter bulk, he will have lost 5-1O lbs by summer time. He has a really deep chest and thin back end if that helps any. A bit taller then your average lab as well. His childhood frame is what made me think Great Dane/Lab but who knows.

inTHEsane, Feb 26, 2012
  6. inTHEsane

zararina Well-Known Member

Yes the second photo was so cute. Lol
    I also think he was a Labrador/Mastiff mixed breed or Lab/Great Dane.

zararina, Feb 27, 2012
  7. inTHEsane

inTHEsane Active Member

Yeah I really like that picture to zararina, I wish my other laptop was up and running so I could put up some of his other pictures. I have a folder on their called the many faces of Smirnoff, where he looks different in almost every photo. From baby seal on his back on the bed trying to act like a lap dog or meow, to outside running around pouncing at the ground look around like a skitzo. haha.

inTHEsane, Feb 27, 2012
  8. inTHEsane

Amanda Brown Member

He is so adorable! He looks like he has a lot of personality too. My best guess would be a boxer/lab mix because he has the build and a little of the coloration of a boxer and he definitely has some lab traits too. I don't think he has any great Dane in him or he would be huge! I love the picture of him eating a pringle. I think its wonderful that you adopted him and gave him a home. Have you taken him to the vet? The vet might be able to better guess his breed.

Amanda Brown, Mar 26, 2012
  9. inTHEsane

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

The shape of the ears make me think of an English Bulldog.

[​IMG]

The body shape looks similar to an American Boxer.

[​IMG]

Victor Leigh, Mar 27, 2012
  10. inTHEsane

dkramarczyk Well-Known Member

I definitely agree that he does look similar to the american boxer. Maybe it's a boxer/mastiff mix? Whatever the mix, he's very handsome.

dkramarczyk, Apr 4, 2012
Ask a Question