Your avatar

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by GavinMcresty, May 8, 2013.

1. GavinMcresty

GavinMcresty Well-Known Member

Is the dog in your avatar yours? My one is not: I just had a picture of a dog on my computer so I used that. I was just wondering how many people have avatars of their own dogs.

GavinMcresty, May 8, 2013
  2. GavinMcresty

claudine Well-Known Member

I wish I had a picture of Homer in my avatar - maybe in the future...it's really, really difficult to take a nice picture of him because he moves a lot and he tries to attack the camera every time he sees it. Somehow, it annoys him. I doubt if he'll ever get used to being photographed. If you have any tips - please share. It would be cute to have Homer in my avatar:)

claudine, May 8, 2013
  3. GavinMcresty

MzMonka Well-Known Member

My avatar is my dog Gigi, she tends to smile when you take the camera out and this is one of my favorite pictures of her.

Claudine - I know you said that Homer likes treats so maybe you can get someone else to distract him and offer him a treat and take his picture or wait for him to be asleep and snap a quick picture. I have one that hides from the camera so I have to be sneaky about getting a picture of her.

MzMonka, May 8, 2013
    claudine likes this.
  4. GavinMcresty

claudine Well-Known Member

Thank you for the advice. I took some pictures of Homer when he was asleep but it's very easy to wake him up and when he wakes up, he tries to attack the camera again. I guess it would be cute to have a picture of him eating a treat. I must give it a try:D

claudine, May 9, 2013
  5. GavinMcresty

argon_0 Well-Known Member

This is Mishka. I have only used pics of her as an avatar here. I guess it is a way to show others your dog while talking about them.
    Have you a picture you can use?

argon_0, May 13, 2013
  6. GavinMcresty

zararina Well-Known Member

Yes, the dogs in my avatar are our dogs.
    Sad to say that the one in the left died last 2011 at the age of 12 and the one on the right is our recent dog.

zararina, May 13, 2013
Ask a Question