Xmas Tree Present chewed?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by argon_0, Dec 27, 2012.

1. argon_0

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Has anyone had the misfortune of their pooch stealing something from under the Christmas tree and eaten it?

I heard of a lady whose dog ate a packet of tea wrapped as a gift from under her tree.
    She was a bit concerned and took her furry friend off to the vet the next day.:eek:

argon_0, Dec 27, 2012
  2. argon_0

Jessi Well-Known Member

Our current dog is curious, but won't do much more than just sniff. Even if it's a treat wrapped inside, he wouldn't dare. We had a lab that would've destroyed everything had we even allowed him in the room near any gifts, though.

Jessi, Dec 27, 2012
  3. argon_0

Do you think it's a dog breed thing or a dogs temperament that makes a dog want to wreck gifts under a tree.o_O
    Mishka doesn't even give them a second glance.:)

argon_0, Dec 27, 2012
  4. argon_0

Jessi Well-Known Member

I think it's a bit of both. Some breeds of dogs have more hyper and curious temperaments by nature, so they're going to be more likely to go nuts over them. Then again, if they've been trained to not mess with things like that, then even if they're that breed, they may not bother them.

Jessi, Dec 27, 2012
    argon_0 likes this.
  5. argon_0

claudine Well-Known Member

My Homer was so busy barking at my grandparents (he hates them:( ) that he hadn't noticed his gift, I had to show it to him and unwrap it. He was very happy with it - it was a delicious treat - he ate it within seconds:p
    He was barking at my grandparents for two whole days - almost without breaks:eek:

claudine, Dec 27, 2012
    SweetBeast likes this.
  6. argon_0

Blimey. That must have been uncomfortable. Was he concerned that your grandparents were in his and your space?

argon_0, Dec 28, 2012
  7. argon_0

Yes, probably. He is very territorial:p . But he also doesn't like old people in general:( . Maybe it's because they move in a strange way - especially my grandmother has problems with walking. Homer always barks at people with canes.

claudine, Dec 28, 2012
  8. argon_0

Do you need to cross the street when old people approach? It must be a bit scary for the old folk to be barked at.

argon_0, Dec 28, 2012
  9. argon_0

pafjlh Well-Known Member

My dogs can get curious about the presents under the tree. However, we keep track of them when they are inside the house. When they start sniffing around the presents under the tree we tell them to get away from them and they usually do. To my knowledge and what I can remember we have never had any dog get to the presents under the Christmas tree. Of course when I was younger, my father tend to keep the dogs outside at all times.

pafjlh, Dec 29, 2012
    argon_0 likes this.
  10. argon_0

Yes, we avoid them as much as possible because I'm quite ashamed of Homer's behaviour:( . We also have to avoid children. But he loves young girls and men who wear glasses (my father wears glasses):p

claudine, Dec 29, 2012
    argon_0 likes this.
  11. argon_0

That's interesting about Homer liking men who wear glasses.
    My Mishka can get a bit toey with men who wear hats and she can go off.
    Once it was a friend of ours who came for the day to the beach. He still asks if I've put Mishka down! :mad: She is generally fine with 99% of situations she comes across.
    Sometimes she will also bark at me if I'm a long way away wearing a hat. I wear a hat a fair bit during summer. :confused:
    Homer sounds so much fun. You have to decide in advance whilst you are walking him in a public street. Canes. no. Glasses. yes. Children . Mmm! maybe.:)

argon_0, Dec 29, 2012
  12. argon_0

The problem is that it's him who decide where we are going. And most of the times he wants to walk down the crowded streets so he could bark at people:eek:
    It's strange Mishka doesn't like men who wear hats. Maybe if you are wearing a hat she thinks that a strange animal is sitting on your head and she wants to protect you:p

claudine, Dec 30, 2012
  13. argon_0

Homer sounds like a Mister bossy boots dragging you though crowds so he can have his say.But perhaps it's a good way for you to meet people. Does he let to stop and talk?:)
    The hat on my head thing is a bit weird. Maybe she can't pick out my profile from a long distance.:confused:
    When I'm out in my gardens I wear a hat, she follows me around and comes into them for a chew of some grass but she doesn't raise a bark at all.
    By the way Mishka can be a Miss bossy boots at times.:rolleyes:

argon_0, Dec 30, 2012
  14. argon_0

But we love them anyway, don't we?:p
    No, Homer doesn't let me talk to people - he wants to be the centre of attention:rolleyes:
    But he loves running after sticks so I trow the stick in the direction I choose, he runs after it, and this way we slowly get to the park:p

claudine, Dec 31, 2012
  15. argon_0

Good to see you are in control of Homer. Nothing like a few tricks up your sleeve to get them to do what you want.
    When I owned a goat the only way I could get her to move in the direction I wanted while on a lead was to walk in the opposite direction. She always enjoyed pulling against me on the lead.
    Goats are a bit like dogs.Though I rather cuddle a dog.:p

argon_0, Dec 31, 2012
  16. argon_0

The only time I saw a goat was at the zoo. Goats are so cute! This one looks a little bit like my Homer, lol (those evil eyes and big ears:p:p ):

[​IMG]

Trust me, you wouldn't like to cuddle Homer when he is in a bad mood:p

claudine, Jan 1, 2013
    argon_0 likes this.
  17. argon_0

Goats are nice critters and they can keep your grass and shrubs clipped. Maybe a bit too much sometimes. The kids are lovely. Goats would eat the presents under a Xmas tree so be warned. And the tree wouldn't stand a chance. :eek:

Homer looks like this? Boy he must be different.I promise if I meet Homer I will be a little careful not to cuddle him.:rolleyes:

argon_0, Jan 1, 2013
  18. argon_0

Just the eyes and ears are alike, the rest not so much but I suspect Homer might have this color if he let me wash him. He has dark hair but it's because he is not very clean:rolleyes:

claudine, Jan 2, 2013
  19. argon_0

His eyes look like this? That horn hoodie would definitely suit Homer then.:confused:

argon_0, Jan 3, 2013
  20. argon_0

I looked closer at goat's eyes and it's not exactly like his eyes, he has normal pupils:p . But the angry look is exactly the same:D

claudine, Jan 3, 2013
    argon_0 likes this.
Ask a Question