Would your dog sit in this?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Melody, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

Melody, Jun 3, 2012
  2. Melody

King Browny Well-Known Member

My dogs will for a little play time maybe, say, just for experience. But to wander around in a trolley like that, I don’t think so. But I bet fat and lazy dogs would welcome that for a travel carriage.

King Browny, Jun 3, 2012
  3. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

King Browny, I sometimes see people pushing small dogs around in strollers. I can't imagine how they get the dog to sit still. I'm hoping it's an old or disabled dog because that isn't much exercise for the dog.

I saw a woman once who had two dogs in a stroller with a blanket around them. I had to do a double take because at first I thought she had very ugly kids. :D

Melody, Jun 3, 2012
    King Browny likes this.
  4. Melody

zararina Well-Known Member

Our dog would not want to be on such basket. He will be scared or irritated of that. And I also think only little dogs would enjoy such ride.
    But our cat will surely love that. :p

zararina, Jun 3, 2012
  5. Melody

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Mishka was born to run. I don't think she would even let us put her in one.o_O
    I can see the benefits for very tiny dogs in the city. It must be pretty scary for them to walk past towering pedestrians and fuming vehicles.

argon_0, Jun 3, 2012
    King Browny likes this.
  6. Melody

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

No, I don't think any of my dogs would sit in that. Especially if I am taking them for a walk. Going outside is a lot of fun and much of the fun is from sniffing around. Not much sniffing can be done in that cradle.

Victor Leigh, Jun 4, 2012
  7. Melody

King Browny Well-Known Member

Haha! Maybe that woman takes her dogs as her babies. But I think little dogs or pups in a stroller are cute for photo shoot or having fun purposes (only). I believe pampering dogs too much to the point of babying them would spoil them and make them feel superior or aggressive somewhat.

As of the little dogs sitting still on those strollers, they must have like the feeling of having a ride or safety. And it’s also a fact that small dogs are easily step or bump at because of their size (sometimes you'll hardly notice they are there). The owner maybe thinking it’s the best way to keep them from injury.

King Browny, Jun 4, 2012
  8. Melody

It would be quite sad if those little dogs have all their courage trained out of them. The last time I checked, the size of a dog and the courage in its heart is totally unrelated. Personally I consider it to be some kind of abuse to handicap a dog with fear.

Victor Leigh, Jun 5, 2012
  9. Melody

Ja'cobeC Member

Haha! I have one of these already. I used it just about everyday instead of walking my dog sometimes lol. He rather be pulled around instead of walking.

Ja'cobeC, Jun 5, 2012
  10. Melody

You shouldn't be encouraging your dog to do that. Dogs, like people, need exercise to keep fit and healthy. I have seen Shih Tzus that refuse to walk outside on their own four feet and always insist on being carried.

Victor Leigh, Jun 6, 2012
  11. Melody

Jessi Well-Known Member

I think mine would be too big for it. If he wanted to get in one a bit larger, though, then yeah, I think he would stay as we started to move. It'd take a few attempts while he got used to it, but then he'd settle in and realize we weren't leaving him, but rather, wheeling him along with us.

Jessi, Jun 7, 2012
Ask a Question