Would you pay for poop removal?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Jessi, May 22, 2012.

1. Jessi

Evilsprinkles Well-Known Member

I don't so much have an issue with anyone who hires a nanny to assist them, especially if they have an exceptionally busy life, but I have always found it very odd if someone has a kid, and then hands over all responsibility to a nanny. I know that's how things USED to be, but we tend to be more involved now, and I think kids are better off for it. If you have a child, you have a responsibility to him/her, and yes that might well mean hiring a nanny, but if you have to hire a nanny to look after your child 24/7, where is your parenting? What is your child to you?

Evilsprinkles, Oct 19, 2012
  2. Jessi

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

Agreed, but there are some instances where this could legitimately help people too. What if it was an elderly or disabled person who had a dog around the house to help protect them but wasn't very mobile themselves and able to go outside and clean up after the dog?

OhioTom76, Oct 20, 2012
  3. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Ohhhhh!

I hadn't even thought about the people who might actually *need* this kind of service. I was really only thinking of lazy people (or rich people who don't want to do it themselves and can afford to pay). It might be something really helpful for someone who is older. Or even someone who has recently been injured and it'll be temporary, but they need help while they heal, etc.

Jessi, Oct 21, 2012
  4. Jessi

MakingCents Well-Known Member

I agree, for some people this could be a very beneficial service. Elderly people, people who have poor mobility etc. They may be able to care for a dog and let them out, but going out to scoop the poop may be very hard.

MakingCents, Oct 21, 2012
  5. Jessi

claudine Well-Known Member

Maybe when I will be old I will look for a company like this, but now I wouldn't pay for it. Cleaning after Homer is not exactly fun, but I can live with it and I prefer to save some money:p

claudine, Dec 9, 2012
  6. Jessi

SweetBeast Well-Known Member

Jessi, perhaps we're in the wrong business?! More power to them, but it gets a "geez" from me !
    I always pick up after Bobbi & I've been known to pick up after someone elses dog, as they walk away! I get the extra bag I carry & pick up their dogs mess too, to perhaps guilt them into picking up next time!

There is a nice greenbelt where I walk Bobbi, & there are 2 signs posted about our leash law, yet some apathetic people walk up & immediately un-leash their dog, right under the sign ! Perhaps it was the time in which I was raised, but my sister & I were always taught to do the right thing.

SweetBeast, Dec 12, 2012
  7. Jessi

rdahl125 Member

I've heard of services like this and at first I couldn't believe it! My mom's boyfriend pays $50 a visit at the end of every winter for someone to come in and scoop all the dog poop out of his yard. Seems like quite a scam to me -- I wasn't even allowed to think about getting my own dog until I understood that cleaning up after her was my own responsibility! It seems kind of like cheating, like having someone else change your child's diapers!

rdahl125, Mar 8, 2013
  8. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Only 50 bucks for a season worth of scooping? That's actually not too bad if he simply lets the dog out in the backyard to do his business instead of going on walks. It sure beats going out after every outing to clean up after the dog in the yard.

Jessi, Mar 8, 2013
  9. Jessi

claudine Well-Known Member

Yuck:eek: I wouldn't like to be the person who is hired to scoop all this poop, especially after whole winter. I believe it's better to do it regularly.

claudine, Mar 18, 2013
  10. Jessi

lifeliveson Well-Known Member

My dogs are so small that I couldnt bother with paying someone. However if I had a huge dog and the poops were bigger then an average human beings. Id think it through probably

lifeliveson, Mar 19, 2013
Ask a Question