Would you like to have puppies of your dog?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by LaneAlf, Jul 21, 2016.

1. LaneAlf

LaneAlf Member

When my biggest dog was younger my dad used to really want to have his puppies with another dog of his race, but I'm not really sure of how things went, but at the end of the day we decided that the best thing for us to do is to live our dogs, because if there's more dogs in our house is going to become a mess and we want to give our dogs the exact same attention and love than we already do.

What are your thoughts on this one, would you like to have puppies of your dog?

LaneAlf, Jul 21, 2016
  2. LaneAlf

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Well I have one from one of my dogs and lost two. It still haunts me because I think it was really the right thing to do. I just gave in to someone's request and in the end I lost two souls maybe because I was not trained to deal with that. In my family there is a lot of unwanted pregnancies and it's making quite sad as I not in a position to take anymore and neither are they ready to deal with more pup. It often sounds good but sometimes people are too careless and some of family are guilty. Recently my sister called and told me she has five pups for me. She carelessly did not have her dog fixed and some random dog mated with her dog. It's quite sad.

Winterybella, Jul 21, 2016
  3. LaneAlf

IcyBC Well-Known Member

As much as I love puppies, I wouldn't like to have them myself. There are so many puppies available already, those that do it for a living, and those by accidents. My dog is neutered as soon as he reached the allowed age.

IcyBC, Jul 27, 2016
  4. LaneAlf

Corzhens Well-Known Member

Our female dog is Barbie who is 4 years old. Our 2 other dogs are Tisoy and Pipoy who are both male and capable of getting Barbie pregnant. But we are on the lookout for an indication that Barbie is getting in heat. We would place her in a cage so the male dogs cannot get to her. Yes, I don't want Barbie to get pregnant. First reason is her figure, I don't want to ruin her nipples. Second reason is the puppies. I wouldn't have the heart to give away the puppies so our dogs would be that many which would be a problem in handling. In fact, we have 3 dogs now and 2 housemaids to take care of them. So what would happen if Barbie would be pregnant and have 5 puppies? Our house will be congested.

Corzhens, Aug 2, 2016
  5. LaneAlf

claudine Well-Known Member

I'd love to have puppies of my dog. Homer is very intelligent, sweet, loving and cute. I'm sure his puppies would be the same.
    Unfortunately, he doesn't seem interested in female dogs.

claudine, Aug 2, 2016
  6. LaneAlf

Cheezy Member

I, too, had puppies from my dog and only two survived out of three puppies that she gave birth to. I know I'd feel bad about giving the pups away so I gave one pup to my brother who lives within our compound. He is well-loved there and I always get to see him everyday. I guess one batch of puppies is enough because giving birth takes a lot of toll on dogs.

Cheezy, Aug 10, 2016
  7. LaneAlf

Jules606 New Member

Considering the fact there're homeless dogs in the shelters, I don't fancy the idea.

Jules606, Jan 20, 2017
  8. LaneAlf

Andrea Smith Member

It actually depends on how you will train your dogs, if given a chance I would love to add another puppy in my house. Part of our tradition is to keep the puppies so that the generation of our pet will continue.

Andrea Smith, Mar 8, 2017
  9. LaneAlf

Loki Member

I'd say yeah!

Loki, Apr 25, 2017
  10. LaneAlf

Jordie New Member

When I was a child, my family raised a dog. It was very cute and lovely, but he had truck crash, and went away. So sadly, I still remember his face , and missed him very much!

Jordie, Nov 17, 2017
  11. LaneAlf

Brunski's mom Member

Yes,,, I would love that. Before I had a dog and I always tell her not be pregnant and then one day she gets pregnant. I was so surprised and a few later she had a miscarriage. From that day, I kind of suspect she had a miscarriage because I kept telling not to get pregnant. She never got pregnant again until she died. And now I would really love a puppy from my dog...

Brunski's mom, Nov 28, 2017
  12. LaneAlf

mkhtk79 Member

I've always gotten all of our pets spayed/neutered. While I've sometimes thought it was a mistake since some of our dogs have been so special that I've wanted to have a dog with those traits again, I wouldn't want to deal with giving away puppies, or having the females go into heat and having to keep her safe from any unwanted attention.

mkhtk79, Jan 22, 2019
Ask a Question