Would you dye your dog’s fur?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by jenna, Feb 25, 2012.

1. jenna

jenna Member

[​IMG]

The fur dying trend has been around for awhile, would you dye your dog’s fur with doggy dye?

fur dying

jenna, Feb 25, 2012
  2. jenna

inTHEsane Active Member

I have no idea why anyone would do this. Well I mean I have ideas as to why they would but they aren't good reasons. Until they can learn how to communicate or talk to us and say they want you damaging or changing their natural self then I see no good reason to doing it.

inTHEsane, Feb 25, 2012
  3. jenna

wahcashmom Well-Known Member

The picture is really cute, but I would never do this to my dog. I feel that my dog is very cute the way he is and I would not want to change him.

wahcashmom, Feb 25, 2012
  4. jenna

LoupGarouTFTs Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that dog was dyed for a grooming competition. I've seen poodles groomed to look like peacocks and another dog that was groomed to look like a Clydesdale horse. I've also seen poodles with the hip poofs shaped into hearts and dyed pink for Valentine's day. I have white dogs that might be able to dyed, but even though I see nothing wrong with dyeing coats in general, I probably wouldn't do it to them.

LoupGarouTFTs, Feb 25, 2012
  5. jenna

inTHEsane Active Member

As long as you are using a completely natural dye which probably none of them do, I see something wrong with it. Have those chemicals they use on humans they don't know the side effects till decades down the road if even that. That is only for humans, for anyone to know any dangers or possible health issues to dying over your dogs natural coat won't be known anytime soon if ever. It reminds me much of parents who jab there kids ears with needles, dye there hair young or pageant kids. It's just ridiculous to me if you have a dog because it "looks cool" you shouldn't own a dog.

inTHEsane, Feb 26, 2012
  6. jenna

LoupGarouTFTs Well-Known Member

All dyes sold specifically for use on dogs or that are used in dog grooming competitions are natural dyes, mostly from vegetable sources.

LoupGarouTFTs, Feb 26, 2012
  7. jenna

zararina Well-Known Member

Although I find it cute, I would not want it for our dog as e already find his own fur cute enough for him. So that no need to worry if the dye is safe at all for our dog.

zararina, Feb 26, 2012
  8. jenna

SallyintheValley Well-Known Member

I don't have any dogs right now, but I am just crazy enough to do something like that to win a costume contest or something.

SallyintheValley, Feb 28, 2012
  9. jenna

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Just did some googling on the subject and found these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Victor Leigh, Feb 28, 2012
  10. jenna

Becky Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness, how mad!! I did think the little dogs made to look like panda cubs were quite cute though...

Becky, Feb 28, 2012
  11. jenna

haopee Well-Known Member

This isn't new. Dying has been a trend in Japan and China. The first one ever that became famous was the Panda Dog. But I'm really not a big fan of dying a dog's fur. After all, I do prefer their natural color as it shows their primary purposes such as herding, hunting or even as house pets.

Although I have nothing against people who dye their pets, I just feel that they should be left as they are because they're beautiful enough with such simplicity.

haopee, Mar 16, 2012
  12. jenna

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

True, true, but you have just said runs contrary to human nature. Just look at what women do to their hair. Some of them have long, black silky hair but are they satisfied? No, they have to dye it in all kinds of colors and in the process make a mess of their hair.

Victor Leigh, Mar 18, 2012
Ask a Question