World's tallest dog

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Jessi, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

It looks like someone has just drawn this, huh? He really is that tall, though, coming in at 44 inches tall and 155 pounds.

Here's a video of him so you can actually see how tall he is in action:

Jessi, Sep 28, 2012
  2. Jessi

Nick87 Well-Known Member

That's not a dog, that's a horse!

Nick87, Sep 28, 2012
  3. Jessi

pafjlh Well-Known Member

This is obviously a very tall breed of dog. I saw this breed of dog one time at a house in my neighborhood. Right across the street from my house in fact, my sister who was just coming home from work, told me to come look at this dog across the street. She told me the dog looked a big as a horse, I went to look and sure enough I saw a long legged dog, like this one. Maybe not as tall as this dog, but definitely the same breed and still very tall.

pafjlh, Sep 28, 2012
  4. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Pafjlh, I'm sure it was a great dane. They're usually really tall and slender like this. They're the tallest breed in general, as far as I know. They're amazing dogs, but often don't realize their size, that's for sure.

Jessi, Sep 28, 2012
  5. Jessi

argon_0 Well-Known Member

I'm glad I only have my tiddles.:rolleyes: I don't think I could cope with such a large dog. :eek:

argon_0, Sep 29, 2012
  6. Jessi

claudine Well-Known Member

He is giant! It's hard to believe. If I met a dog this tall, I would be more than terrified, he looks scary to me and dangerous. I prefer little dogs like my Homer:) .

claudine, Sep 29, 2012
    argon_0 likes this.
  7. Jessi

Melody Well-Known Member

It's a Great Dane and it's name is Zeus. Very fitting! Locally, we have a large dog that makes the news. His name is Giant George. He has a book and a facebook page, too. It is difficult for me to believe that any dog could be bigger than Giant George.

I can't even imagine the food bill. It must be a fortune each month.

Can you imagine a dog this size running down the hall and jumping up to greet you? LOL I would suspect the "no jump" command is a must.

Melody, Sep 30, 2012
    claudine likes this.
  8. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

:eek:

I had only really thought about "cuddle time":

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To get excited and greet you at the door, though? Gah! No thanks.

Jessi, Sep 30, 2012
  9. Jessi

Melody Well-Known Member

Jessi, those are hilarious and that second one is just a little bizarre! The dog is so big that she should be sitting on its lap and not the other way around. LOL

I think about when my brother brings his Doberman over. The dog is 100-110 pounds. He's much bigger than my Lab was. And, 10 times larger than Misha. He takes up space. There's no room on the floor when he lays down, he blocks doorways, etc. Even worse, he thinks he is a Mini Pinscher like their other dogs, so he thinks he should be on your lap. It's got to be twice as bad with a Zeus or Giant George.

I am not sure I would be able to take a dog that size out for a walk. Sierra was 75 lbs. Even with a choke chain, she would sometimes pull me around. I guess no one would bother you if you can walking down the street with Zeus on a leash!

Melody, Sep 30, 2012
  10. Jessi

Evilsprinkles Well-Known Member

He's very beautiful. It's a shame the larger breeds don't tend to live very long, especially those with slender frames. I know the oldest my Lily will get is about eight years old, ten if I'm lucky. Danes don't always tend to live that long. I think It's something to do with their bone structure growing too quickly in relation to their organs, although I'll need to double check that.

Evilsprinkles, Sep 30, 2012
  11. Jessi

Nick87 Well-Known Member

That's so adorable. All dogs like cuddling and think they're lap dogs, no matter what their size! They don't realize how small you are in comparison. But hey, there's just more dog there for you to love!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nick87, Sep 30, 2012
  12. Jessi

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't want to be cleaning up the yard after those dogs. Could you imagine taking that dog for a walk? You would have to bring a shovel and a hefty bag with you!

Our neighbors had a dog that was really big like that, but it was a different breed. It had curly hair, it did almost look like a small horse when they would walk it. If you didn't know it was a dog it would definitely make you do a double take.

OhioTom76, Oct 1, 2012
Ask a Question