World Most Expensive Dog House

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Melody, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

Melody, Jun 13, 2012
  2. Melody

Jessi Well-Known Member

Geez. I always tease my mom that she bought her dog the most expensive house. Basically, she moved and bought a larger house with a yard/fence/etc when the dog's owner passed away and he needed a home. Obviously she moved for other reasons, too, but it's still a source of fun to tell her it's the most expensive dog ever....or the most spoiled because he got a whole freakin' house.

It wasn't $417k though and it certainly wasn't just for him!!

Jessi, Jun 13, 2012
  3. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

My Dad made Sierra (my previous dog) a dog house. It was made out of old wood and had a window and door. She loved it. She didn't need a spa or TV. Probably cost him less than $20 to do himself.

I cannot imagine any dog needing anything so extravagant.

Melody, Jun 14, 2012
  4. Melody

zararina Well-Known Member

That was too expensive.
    I do not think that is really necessary since dogs could appreciate a home where his/her loving master lives.

zararina, Jun 14, 2012
  5. Melody

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

This is what I would classify as a perfectly stupid waste of money. If the person doing it had too much money and didn't know what to do with it, he could do a lot more good by donating it to orphanages. That 417K can definitely buy a lot of hot meals for poor abandoned children.

Victor Leigh, Jun 14, 2012
  6. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

Zararina, I agree! Dogs are happy being with their owner and family. They are miserable being separated from their human pack.

What I think is a person who builds a $417,000 dog house is saying "Look at me! I've got so much money I can build a $417,000 dog house!" I wonder if his/her dogs even go in this dog house.

It really is an obscene waste of money when so many are going hungry. Really, it does not take a lot to make a dog happy.

Melody, Jun 14, 2012
  7. Melody

Very true. In the little town, where I used to live, there was this man who wasn't too right in the head. He lived on the streets and ate whatever he could find in the trash cans. He also had a dog and the dog shared his food and slept together with him on the sidewalk.

Victor Leigh, Jun 15, 2012
  8. Melody

Jessi Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's the same kind of people who spend $20k on a wedding for their dogs, too....

Jessi, Jun 15, 2012
  9. Melody

Yes, I think I have seen some pictures of those weddings. Something like this:
    [​IMG]

Victor Leigh, Jun 16, 2012
  10. Melody

Jessi Well-Known Member

Jessi, Jun 19, 2012
  11. Melody

tajnz Well-Known Member

Ok I admit that first dog house probably is a little over the top. :eek: Just a tad. :p:D I actually like the minature house Jessie just posted above this post. I'll admit it's cute but it's also functional too. I could imagine people painting similar versions to match their own homes. In saying this we just brought a large second hand dog house from the RSPCA and my grandfather spruced it up and repainted it as he's handy that way. In the end I don't think our dogs ever spent a single night in it though, we had to have it though as it was a regulation for adopting from the RSPCA and inspectors had to come and inspect our home before the adoption.

tajnz, Jun 26, 2012
  12. Melody

Really? So the dog house is all for show only? Strange that the RSPCA inspectors do not look inside the owner's house to see whether it's fit for keeping dogs.

Victor Leigh, Jun 26, 2012
  13. Melody

Jessi Well-Known Member

Nah. Well for these particular ones it obviously is. It's like the parents who have tons of money to spend and they dress their babies in thousands of dollars of clothing. It's to showoff and "just because they can."

Jessi, Jun 26, 2012
  14. Melody

It is excesses like these that will eventually lead to the poor people rising up against the rich. It had happened before in other countries, like China, and I am sure, one day, it will happen in the US and UK, too.

Victor Leigh, Jun 27, 2012
    argon_0 likes this.
  15. Melody

argon_0 Well-Known Member

I believe also these types of excessive dog luxuries are unwarranted. We love our dogs and enjoy giving them treats but simple things are all they need. As mentioned they probably prefer to hang around with their owners anyway.
    I built Mishka a dog house on the back verandah for when my wife and I are both out. Mishka would rather sleep under the house.:D She seems to decide what makes her comfortable.
    So would those dogs really enjoy those luxuries? The money could be better spent giving homeless people shelter and food.

argon_0, Jun 28, 2012
    Victor Leigh likes this.
  16. Melody

I agree with you there. People need food and shelter, too. Unfortunately, those who have the extra money to help those who are less well-off, are also very often the type of people who do not care about the suffering of other people.

Victor Leigh, Jun 28, 2012
  17. Melody

iluvmario Well-Known Member

Wow, that first house is ugly. I wouldn't pay $100 for that. I always liked those little dog houses that look like peoples houses with two stories and a bathroom with running water. I would like to build one for my dogs it would be much less expensive and a lot of fun.

iluvmario, Sep 6, 2012
  18. Melody

Pocs Well-Known Member

That's ridiculous! Really. If these people have nothing better to do than buy these outrageous house for their pooch Im in need of a new car. I love my dogs and give them everything, but I'm not buying a house that cost almost as much as my own home. It just doesn't make sense for me.

Pocs, Sep 6, 2012
  19. Melody

claudine Well-Known Member

I had no idea some people buy dog houses like these....it's so expensive! I'm sure my Homer doesn't need one - he prefers to live here, with us, he wouldn't like to be alone in his own house:p

[​IMG]

claudine, Dec 22, 2012
  20. Melody

That's right, Claudine. Our dogs don't ask for expensive homes. They only ask to be with us. Wherever we are. Even if we live in a broken-down shed, our dogs will still want to live with us. Which is saying a lot compared to some human beings.

Victor Leigh, Dec 26, 2012
Ask a Question