Won't touch it?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by GavinMcresty, May 4, 2013.

1. GavinMcresty

GavinMcresty Well-Known Member

Is there anything your dog refuses to eat? Our dogs were not fussy at all: they would eat just about anything they were given! However, there was one brand of ice lolly one of our dogs did not eat. It was pretty much flavourless so we think she did not realise it was actually food: she probably thought it was a piece of ice.

GavinMcresty, May 4, 2013
  2. GavinMcresty

MzMonka Well-Known Member

I have found with my dogs if it is something that bothers their stomach they won't eat it after having it once. Which I think is pretty good because they would know better than I would whether or not it bothers them. My dogs love ice cubes so I am pretty sure mine wouldn't of thought twice about it...ha

MzMonka, May 4, 2013
  3. GavinMcresty

claudine Well-Known Member

My Homer hates bananas, he never eats them. I noticed that he also hates the smell of alcohol. I once let him sit on my knees during a party and I was drinking white wine. As soon as he smelled it, he ran away and didn't want to come back. I'm glad he reacts this way because at least I don't have to worry that he would drink it if I accidentally left my glass somewhere - he can jump on a table so I have to remember not to leave anything there.

claudine, May 5, 2013
  4. GavinMcresty

haopee Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure if I dip something in vinegar, they'd reconsider touching it... unless that's chicken, fish or meat. Of course, there's also some fruits they're not interested in like grapes (which is good because those are bad for them).

My dogs love bananas... some of them also eat mangoes which is weird since I rarely see dogs with an appetite for citrusy fruits.

haopee, May 6, 2013
  5. GavinMcresty

MzMonka Well-Known Member

Haopee I had a dog that loved oranges. I couldn't believe how much. My daughter was walking with him in the yard one day and he sat down and did his "look how cute I am, don't you want to share" face and she broke a piece off. She was not all that tall and both her hands were within reach, he very sweetly took the bigger piece that was in her other hand and left her with the smaller piece she broke off for him. She was mad for days and I couldn't do anything but laugh. From that day on when she shared with him she kept the piece she wanted to keep over her head and handed him the piece she wanted him to have.

MzMonka, May 6, 2013
  6. GavinMcresty

One of Homer's friends from the park - a Yorkie as well - loves oranges too...and tangerines. Actually, his favorite foods are tangerines and turkey, he is a very picky eater and he doesn't want to eat anything else. His owner cooks him some fancy meals to encourage him to eat more vitamins. When I hear stories like this I'm really glad that my Homer eats everything:D

claudine, May 7, 2013
  7. GavinMcresty

zararina Well-Known Member

Our recent dog does not want to eat vegetables. He is not fond of eating peanuts too not unlike our previous dog. :)

zararina, Jun 1, 2013
  8. GavinMcresty

trishgl Well-Known Member

If truth be told those dentastix. I'm not a fan of brushing my dog's teeth so I use to buy those dentastix that you have your dog eat instead. At first I thought it was working so I kept buying it and giving it to my chow. Around several weeks later I found a pile of it in the corner of my garden.

trishgl, Jun 8, 2013
  9. GavinMcresty

Lol! Trishgl, maybe your chow thinks that these dentastix are toys, not food:p From time to time I buy them for Homer too and he always plays with them before eating them, I love when he is doing it because it looks really funny:D Sometimes he really acts like a puppy.

claudine, Jun 22, 2013
  10. GavinMcresty

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Mishka gets a dentastix whenever we are going out and she is left home alone. We call them stay at home sticks which we give her as we're driving off. She devours them in a matter of minutes.:rolleyes:

We have a bucket we use for vegetable scraps and if we're careless, Mishka get into it as soon as we're not looking. She usually leaves tell-tale carrot peelings on the floor so she definitely doesn't like carrots.:rolleyes:

argon_0, Jun 23, 2013
  11. GavinMcresty

If Homer manager to get into a bucket full of vegetable scraps, he would eat everything, especially carrot peelings, lol. He once tried to steal a raw potato from me:eek:

claudine, Sep 11, 2013
Ask a Question