Winter sweaters

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by claudine, Nov 16, 2012.

1. claudine

claudine Well-Known Member

I know dogs usually don't like wearing clothes, but sometimes, when it's really cold, you might be able to convince your dog to wear a winter sweater:p . Here are some cute pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Do your dogs wear winter sweaters? My Homer does:)

claudine, Nov 16, 2012
  2. claudine

bellahpereira Well-Known Member

Oh these are so adorable! I can't believe how cute all these doggies look - it makes me really wish that Rafa would let me put some of these on him. Granted, I wouldn't want a giant putting sweaters on me either, but I would wish that he'd understand it's mostly for the cold and not so much for my personal entertainment, :p

bellahpereira, Nov 19, 2012
  3. claudine

Jessi Well-Known Member

Definitely not mine. He won't tolerate clothes at all. I can understand why some people put sweaters on their dogs and when it's actually for temperature's sake. I still don't like the idea of doing it for random fun, though.

Jessi, Nov 19, 2012
  4. claudine

I agree, it shouldn't be just for fun. But when I see that Homer is shaking because of cold - we live in an old, big building where temperatures are low even during summer - I just have to do something about it and dressing him up seems like the best solution.

claudine, Nov 19, 2012
  5. claudine

allhiskids New Member

The all time funniest dog in clothings situation I have ever seen was a dog in boots. He didn't like it one bit! Looked like a ballet dancer.

I can see that sweaters and coats could be needed for some dogs in different situations. Older dogs especially. Our first small dog was a cover dog and he loved to be under the blankets. He was an ideal sweater dog.

allhiskids, Nov 19, 2012
  6. claudine

pafjlh Well-Known Member

These are really cute, I wonder if the owners bought them or made them for their pets. I live in a climate where its not necessary to have a dog wear a sweater during this time of year, which I guess is a good thing, because sometimes dogs don't like this idea. I do know that in a colder climate it becomes somewhat necessary for your dogs own good, but sometimes telling them this isn't an easy thing to do.

pafjlh, Nov 19, 2012
  7. claudine

Melody Well-Known Member

Well, we all know what my answer is. ;)

Jessi, I agree. I can't get into the people who put dresses on their dogs and little pants. There was a woman on the Dog Whisperer once who had a drawer full of clothes for her dog. She must have had 100 different outfits. It just doesn't seem right. But, for the sake of warmth, it is a necessity.

Misha is like Homer. She shakes when it is cooler. Her threshold is not very high though. She is cold when the temperature is below 65. She prefers the warmth and will lay inside her heat reflecting blanket even when it's over 80 outside. She is crazy!

Melody, Nov 20, 2012
  8. claudine

Nick87 Well-Known Member

Aww. My dogs only need sweaters during the winter when they go out for walks, not inside, so they don't have to wear them all the time. Poor short-furred dogs getting cold :p

Nick87, Nov 23, 2012
  9. claudine

Homer prefers when it's too hot too. I'm sometimes scared that he will overheat - especially when he insist on lying in a sun spot during summer. He can do this for hours:eek:

claudine, Nov 24, 2012
  10. claudine

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Here, the weather is hot and there is no real reason to put clothes on a dog. However, if the dog has just had a lion cut, then a light vest would be good. I know how it feels like to suddenly be shorn clean because I have shaved myself bald before.

Victor Leigh, Nov 25, 2012
  11. claudine

Kam4pups Member

That's cute, I love seeing pets dressed up in clothes like humans, especially around the holidays. My favorite photo is the one in the middle, looks like they are a little sleepy.

Kam4pups, Dec 8, 2012
  12. claudine

Yes, it's cute, but I love the first picture the most. This little dog looks like he was so comfortable in his sweater. Sleeping dogs always look adorable:D

claudine, Dec 8, 2012
  13. claudine

zararina Well-Known Member

Cute and fashionable dog winter clothes! ;)
    We do not have a winter season here so definitely our dog would not want to wear such clothes.

zararina, Dec 10, 2012
  14. claudine

iluvmario Well-Known Member

These pictures are too cute! I have a few shirts for each dog ( and a pair of long johns) and a coat on my amazon.com wishlist for each dog. I always feel like they will be cold during the winter. They don't mind them usually and know how to take them off.

iluvmario, Dec 26, 2012
Ask a Question