Will you do anything special for Valentine's Day?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by SallyintheValley, Jan 29, 2012.

1. SallyintheValley

SallyintheValley Well-Known Member

Gosh, it used to be a big deal to me...when I was a kid in the 1950s we could give Valentines at school to ONLY those we liked...so it was a popularity thing and I was always proud to get a lot! Once I had 2 little boys waiting for me after school to walk me home each with a heart box of candy for me! Now kids can only bring Valentines for EVERYONE so no one's feeling gets hurt. What fun is that?? ha ha
    Then when I was raising my family, I bought Valentine gifts for my kids and hubby,now they grew up and I am retired living alone, not dating, and do nothing at all for the day except decorate the clubhouse here at the park where I live.

SallyintheValley, Jan 29, 2012
  2. SallyintheValley

zararina Well-Known Member

I also remember those days in school when we give cards to our friends or special to us (including the teachers Lol).
    I usually do not have plans on Valentine's day since I am single but I sometimes have a "date" with friends. :p

zararina, Jan 31, 2012
  3. SallyintheValley

King Browny Well-Known Member

Haha! I also remember those schooldays of yore when we make beautiful Valentine’s card for our friends, teachers and love ones. Hallmark cards would fail in comparison because there would be lots and lots of heart cut outs, stampings and stick outs and I LOVE YOU’s in BIG, BOLD, RED letters. I can say all the Valentine cards made by kids are overflowing with love.

As a grownup, I no longer can remember what special thing I did for Valentine’s maybe because Valentine’s Day is not really that special to me. For me, everyday should be like Christmas, happy days filled with love as much as we can give. Or maybe because I don't have a partner to share that day with. LOL :p

King Browny, Feb 1, 2012
  4. SallyintheValley

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

This Valentine's Day I will see if I can find someone special to share it with. Maybe I will start by hanging out near the vet's. There just might be a lonely lady with a cat or a dog who might be looking for someone special to share the day with.

Victor Leigh, Feb 2, 2012
Ask a Question