Will you be vacationing with your dog this Summer?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Melody, May 22, 2012.

1. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

PetRelocation.com has put out its annual survey on pet travel. The survey results show that 47% of respondents plan to take their pet on vacation with them this Summer. Two thirds plan to take their dog. One third plan to take their cat.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ne...ual-summer-pet-travel-survey-finds-2012-05-22

I'm not surprised about taking dogs on vacation, but I am surprised that people plan to take their cats. Most cats don't enjoy car rides. They don't seem to like being in new surroundings either.

I've taken dogs camping before. However, I've never thought of taking them on a vacation when I'm staying at a hotel or motel.

Have you taken your pet on vacation in the past? Do you plan to take your pet this year?

Melody, May 22, 2012
  2. Melody

Jessi Well-Known Member

Our dog usually goes with us. To be fair, we don't tend to go on real vacations, so it's not like he's going with us to the beach or anything. When we visit family, though, he comes with us because we don't think he'd do very well at a kennel.

Jessi, May 24, 2012
Ask a Question