Who is your dog's favorite?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Melody, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

I have found when a family adopts a dog, the dog will choose one person that they attach themselves to. This person becomes their favorite. Growing up, our two dogs were attached to my brother. My brother was clearly our Collie's best friend. She slept at his bedside, waiting for him to come home from work, and wouldn't do her business in the rain unless he was there. When he was in the garage, she had to be there, too.

When my brother gave my mom Sierra as a birthday present, by the end of the first week she was following me every where. She turned out to be my dog in the end.

All my nieces and nephews spent quite a bit of time with me. Sierra was in love with my nephew, though. He was clearly her best friend. It's the same for Misha. She gets excited when anyone comes over, but when he comes over you would think he was her boyfriend.

So, who is your dog's favorite? Is it you or is your dog attached to someone else in the household?

Melody, Jul 21, 2012
  2. Melody

pugskjj Well-Known Member

LOL Well Kotton always had me as her favorite...she spent the first 3 years with just me; however, when my girlfriend comes over it's as if I don't exist anymore o_O

Kash and Koko are definitely hers, even though she doesn't live here 100% of the time, they live for Thursday when mom comes home. I swear they can tell day and time because they start staring at the door as soon as they wake LOL Koko never leaves her side while she is home and Kash gets so mad come time for mommy to go back to work that she won't even kiss her goodbye LOL

I get the chinchillas and lizards :confused: all of which were acquired for my girlfriend

pugskjj, Jul 21, 2012
  3. Melody

Jessi Well-Known Member

Definitely my mom. He knew her long before we took him in, so they had a special bond anyway. He will come to me when he needs something, though.... like I'm the one who feeds him, so he'll come sleep near my bed until I start wiggling so that he can be there to ask for food as soon as I wake up.

Jessi, Jul 21, 2012
  4. Melody

zararina Well-Known Member

I am the favorite of our Dinky but sadly to say, she died last year. She will always be in my side no matter what. Our Lazzie before seems to be not the dog of anyone, she will stay wherever she feel like staying and whoever have the food. LOL

zararina, Jul 21, 2012
  5. Melody

Pocs Well-Known Member

I try not to show favorites, I think my dogs have their picks though. Gizmo tends to has chosen me as his favorite. It's my lap or my side he tries to vie for more than his share of my attention. Gix, I think he picks, my husband as his favorite. I could just be by default since Gizmo is always with me.

Pocs, Aug 13, 2012
    pugskjj likes this.
  6. Melody

pugskjj Well-Known Member

Oh my girls all want to pile on my lap on my recliner over her lap on the couch :mad: But if we were both to call them, they would go to her...she is more liberal with treats than I am so I blame it on their greed

pugskjj, Aug 16, 2012
    Pocs likes this.
  7. Melody

Pocs Well-Known Member

Treats do tend to sway the loyalty! Even my hubby behaves and acts like I'm the best person on the planet after I bake him cinnamon rolls.

Pocs, Aug 16, 2012
    pugskjj likes this.
  8. Melody

claudine Well-Known Member

My little dog loves my father. He always sleeps on his lap and my father is the only one person who can persuade him to go for a walk when the streets are wet after the rain.

claudine, Aug 17, 2012
Ask a Question