White little bump in me beloved pup

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by gabydi, Sep 26, 2015.

1. gabydi

gabydi New Member

Hello everyone, I’m kind of desperate because I recently saw a little white bump in my dog’s back. He’s a nine-year old Scottie and he’s perfectly healthy. Playing as always, eating well and everything’s normal. I thought it was a pimple at first and squeezed it very hard but nothing came out and it kind of hurt him so I just left it alone.

I’m kind of worried about this because he’s literally the love of my life. I don’t want it to be something terrible, I’m even afraid of taking him to the vet and receive bad news. If you had any idea or have gone through something similar please let me know.

gabydi, Sep 26, 2015
  2. gabydi

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Don't panic Gbaydi. I am no expert, but I actually stopped and went did a bit of reading and found out that with aging a lot of these bumps are normal. I would still check with the vet who's going to ask how long it's been there etc. Remain optimistic. I am quite the worrier myself, but it's not going to help. I trust all will be well and I will wait to see what others say before I get too consumed with Google.

Winterybella, Sep 26, 2015
  3. gabydi

claudine Well-Known Member

Hello, Gabydi!
    I agree with Winterybella. Go to the vet and try not to worry. It's probably nothing serious. Your dog has a good appetite and wants to play, those are very good signs:) So don't panic. And remember, most diseases can be cured if detected early.
    Some time ago, I found a small bump on my Homer's back too. It was a scar left by a tick.

claudine, Sep 27, 2015
  4. gabydi

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Claudine and WInteryBella gave you great advice! In my shoes, I would prefer to know what it is sooner than later, as it is better to treat it while it just begins. It could be nothing too so don't worry too much yet.

Please keep us posted once you find out!

IcyBC, Sep 27, 2015
  5. gabydi

Becky Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum @gabydi :) I can understand your concern, but it sounds like it may well be nothing. If I were you I'd keep a close eye on it - if it starts to rapidly grow then you should see the vet to get it checked out. Otherwise I'd mention it when you next see the vet to put your mind at rest.

What is your dogs name? Is that a photo of him in your avatar?

Becky, Sep 28, 2015
  6. gabydi

gabydi New Member

Thank you all for your response, but as I searched Google I start thinking the worse. I won't have money unitl Thursday to go to the vet, so right now all I can do is wait and relax. I'll be telling you all how it goes and thank you again!

gabydi, Sep 28, 2015
  7. gabydi

claudine Well-Known Member

Please keep as posted and don't panic:) Looking up symptoms online is the worst thing you can do. I'm a hypochondriac and I used to do it too and I ended up thinking I'm really, really sick, lol:confused: Then I went to a doctor and he told me never to read about diseases online.
    I'm sure the vet will tell you the same:)

claudine, Sep 29, 2015
  8. gabydi

Trellum Well-Known Member

Take it to the vet, it might be an abscess. Of course I can't be sure without even looking at it, but I think it's a good idea to take it to a vet. Sometimes when you try to squeeze an abscess nothing comes out... because they don't burst until they are ready. They need to mature and then they tend to burst on their own, but if i were you I'd take the pup to the vet. By the way... is the lump hard or soft?

Trellum, Oct 4, 2015
  9. gabydi

Becky Well-Known Member

How is he doing now? Has the bump got any worse?

Becky, Oct 5, 2015
  10. gabydi

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Thursday has come and gone and we'd be happy to hear what's going on with your pet. Listen to Claudine about not searching for info online. I think it's a disease I have and it almost killed me more than once, It's tough no to search but it can reallydestroy you if you are not careful.

I am guessing the Scottie will be fine.

Winterybella, Oct 7, 2015
Ask a Question