What's the funniest thing your dog does?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by cecejailer, Jun 30, 2016.

1. cecejailer

cecejailer Member

I think the funniest thing my dog does is basically "talking" to us. When we're talking to her in "pet voice" (like the voice we use to talk to kids), it's almost like she understands and talks back haha. It's funny because she doesn't do it once in a while, it happens EVERYDAY. We just have to start talking to her and she starts doing this.

What's the weirdest/funniest thing your dog does or has done?

cecejailer, Jun 30, 2016
  2. cecejailer

amelia88 Well-Known Member

Well, everyone thinks it's quirky that our dog Jojo will "hug" you if you pick him up. He sprawls out and puts his two front paws on both of your shoulders, so it looks like he's giving you a hug! I don't know if it's weird necessarily, but so many people say they have never known a dog that does it!

He's definitely an affectionate dog!

amelia88, Jul 1, 2016
  3. cecejailer

cluckeyo Active Member

My dog has a hobby that she takes very seriously. She spends time working at it daily. She is a grass, flower, and weed sniffer. She will spend an hour at a time just walking around and sniffing the various plants out in the yard. She especially loves all the fresh smells of spring. One time she inhaled a seed and it took her a week to get it cleared out of her nose. lol. She did though finally :)

cluckeyo, Jul 1, 2016
  4. cecejailer

amelia88 Well-Known Member

I also just thought to myself of another funny thing Jojo does. Since we had our cat first before we got Jojo, he's always had a cat "brother" in the house. And sometimes Jojo will try and lick himself like our cat does! I think maybe he thinks he's a cat, sometimes...it's only natural I suppose, if he is modelling his behaviour after the cat!

amelia88, Jul 1, 2016
  5. cecejailer

IcyBC Well-Known Member

My dog would try to talk if he sees a new squeaky toy. I am trying to teach him to say "I love you" and he mimics the sound. It came pretty close though, and he also tries to talk back when I talk to him. Other people would think that we are crazy, but it is funny when it seems like we are carrying out a conversation :)

IcyBC, Jul 1, 2016
  6. cecejailer

remnant Well-Known Member

The funniest thing I have seen with a pet dog is its ability to study situations and goings on when pretending to be asleep. I have noted in the past that some dogs pretend to be asleep when their favourite meal is being cooked. When you put food into its plate, you wouldn't know what woke it up. I have also observed that dogs can also listen to radio and they can decipher different languages.

remnant, Jul 15, 2016
  7. cecejailer

Winterybella Well-Known Member

I don't know if they do many funny things, they just make me smile. If there is anything I can pin point, Ginger has has this really crazy way about her chasing her tail and then running up and down at lightning speed like a crazy person most times when she comes in from outside. I would think she's had enough running time but she comes in and does this running up and down the stairs like Bolt. I don't get the Olympic sprinting thing she does...it's funny to watch.

Winterybella, Jul 15, 2016
  8. cecejailer

MarshDog Member

Well, my sister's dog is the funny one. His name is Frankenstein, Frankie for short. His latest 'trick' is to put something in his mouth, such as a treat or a ping pong ball, and just hold it on his tongue. He sort of has his mouth/teeth around it but very loosely, as is his mouth is open wide. It's kind of hard to explain, but he looks as if he puts the thing in his mouth and suddenly stops to think, "I wonder why this is in here?" :p

MarshDog, Jul 21, 2016
  9. cecejailer

Corzhens Well-Known Member

Barbie, our female dog, is obviously my favorite so she has her whims and caprices. When she doesn't eat her breakfast, she wants to be hand-fed which I forbid. And when I scold her, she would go to the doorway and bark as if there are intruders. That's her way of avoiding my scolding. Sometimes I cannot help but laugh because of that antic. She never fails to amuse us when she does that.

Corzhens, Aug 2, 2016
  10. cecejailer

claudine Well-Known Member

Homer tilts his head when I'm talking to him about food:p He looks so funny when he does that! It always makes me laugh:D
    I think he understands me.

claudine, Aug 2, 2016
  11. cecejailer

LaneAlf Member

Lol, that sounds so cute!
    When my biggest dog was a puppy he used to get really... Excited? To hear music, especially the type of music that toys for little kids had. We had this Mickey Mouse toy and every time that he heard it he started to bark and then he just made a weird noise like if he was trying to imitate the melody of the music.
    He doesn't really do it anymore but it's a weird memory!

LaneAlf, Aug 2, 2016
  12. cecejailer

steph Member

My dogs would sleep in super weird positions. Some times they would cuddle each other or other animals and sometimes they will sleep on their backs! Here is a blog post that features pictures of them!

steph, Jun 12, 2017
  13. cecejailer

Liz New Member

My dog "chatters", when she's anxious her lower lip moves quickly up and down and it looks like she's talking.

Liz, Jun 15, 2017
  14. cecejailer

Adams Nancy New Member

There was this one time my dog thought it would be nice to bite off his collar where we installed a dog gps tracker, this happened while I was still at work and every time I checked on him he would just be on one place which made me nervous so I decided to come home early and when I arrived I found his collar under the table while my dog looked at me with pleasure. This isn't that weird and cute but was clever nonetheless.

Adams Nancy, Jul 10, 2017
  15. cecejailer

Brunski's mom Member

This happened when he was still young. While he was lying down on the ground on his chest, there was some distance between us and he crawled his way to my direction. I actually thought his chest and stomach was itching and was just trying to relieve the itch by crawling into ground. I even scratch it when he reached me. But after a few minutes he crawled again. It was so fun watching her.

Brunski's mom, Nov 28, 2017
Ask a Question