what was the maximum amount of dogs you've ever have?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by schizophreniatype, Apr 13, 2013.

1. schizophreniatype

claudine Well-Known Member

It must have been wonderful to have 4 puppies:D. I love puppies so much, they're the most adorable little things. But I think that it's hearbreaking when you have to look for a house for them. This is why I'm not sure if I want Homer to have children, I feel that I wouldn't be able to give them away. And I really shouldn't have more than one, or maybe two dogs:p

claudine, Oct 29, 2013
  2. schizophreniatype

Trellum Well-Known Member

Oh, so your homber has never had puppies or at least mated? I had to get a boyfriend for my two dogs recently, because they were on heat, and something really bad happened to my granma's female poddle some years ago. My granma never allowed her dog to mate, when the dog got really old her breasts started to get swollen and a lot bruises started to surface :( I don't think that happens with male dogs, but I've two girls, so I can't risk it. I'll let them mate only once ;)

Trellum, Nov 1, 2013
  3. schizophreniatype

No, Homer has never had any puppies. He has never mated. I wouldn't have anything against it, I know that a few years ago he had been introduced to a female Yorkie, but he didn't know what to do and after a while, he started ignoring her:p I don't know, maybe he simply isn't interested in this kind of stuff;)
    I feel very sorry for your granma's poodle:(

claudine, Nov 1, 2013
  4. schizophreniatype

Wow, your homer sounds like quite a character :eek: It reminds me to my old schnauzer, we thought he'd never mate with a female dog we got for him, but it wasn't until almost 1 full week passed that they finally ''did it''. Sometimes it takes them a while, but they eventually do it ;) My dog was weird, the female seemed to be more interested in mating than him, lol. To the point he was getting kinda grumpy.

Trellum, Nov 7, 2013
  5. schizophreniatype

Homer spent only one hour with the female Yorkie.I guess you are right, he needed more time to get in the mood;)
    I would love him to have puppies! I'm sure that they would be as adorable as their daddy:D Taking care of two dogs doesn't seem very difficult, I bet I could do it.

claudine, Nov 7, 2013
  6. schizophreniatype

Have you thought of asking that same person if she/he is still interested? You could ask this person to leave the dog at your place for a whole week, I'm sure it will eventually happen ;) Or you could take Homer to their place and leave him there for 1 whole week ;) If you do that, I'm sure your dog will be a daddy pretty soon :) We did that with our dog and it worked.

Trellum, Nov 7, 2013
  7. schizophreniatype

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that the female dog owner doesn't live here anymore, they moved out. I haven't seen them in a longer while. I'm not sure if I could 'lend' Homer to someone for one week anyway. I would worry that we might bite someone or destroy something. He is too unpredictable:p

claudine, Nov 10, 2013
  8. schizophreniatype

Oh, I see! So your homer has temper issues then, eh? That's very common among small terriers that are aging. Oh well, if you can't make him mate then is ok, he's been ok all these years and I'm sure he'll just continue that way :)

Trellum, Nov 16, 2013
  9. schizophreniatype

He is just a little spoiled and he thinks that everything is his, so when he wants to destroy something, he destroys it:confused:. My whole family loves him, so he knows that he won't be scolded. I'm glad that he isn't bigger and stronger. Fortunately, he can't do any serious damage.
    As for mating, I don't know, I hope that one day he'll get interested in it. He sometimes howls when he misses female dogs met in the park, but when we go to see them, he seems not to know what to do next. It's weird.

claudine, Nov 17, 2013
  10. schizophreniatype

firelily99 Well-Known Member

I've never personally owned more than two dogs but I have house sat for five dogs and five cats at one time! Talk about an adventure!!!

firelily99, Dec 2, 2013
Ask a Question