What to do with a pile of leaves

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by Melody, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

I'm often amazed how dogs and children can find fun in the things that we adults don't relish at all. We hate raking up leaves. Yet, look how much fun these dogs are having? They think that big pile of leaves is there for their enjoyment.

I've never had a dog who jumped in leaves, have you? My Lab enjoyed leaf piles for other reasons. She seemed to think they were left on the grass so she could do her business on them. My Dad was never happy when he'd go to move the leaves to the trash and there were presents in the middle.

Melody, Sep 30, 2012
  2. Melody

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Great. Love the size of that pile of leaves. The dogs are having so much fun.

argon_0, Sep 30, 2012
  3. Melody

pafjlh Well-Known Member

Oh sure the dogs are having fun, their not the ones who had to rake up all the leaves into a pile to start with, LOL. Just as the individual or individuals who raked them up how much fun they had though. This is still a cute video none the less these dogs seem to be having fun jumping into the leaves.

pafjlh, Sep 30, 2012
  4. Melody

Evilsprinkles Well-Known Member

I LOVE huge piles of leaves, wading through them, throwing them around etc, etc. My dogs will both bounce about in them and throw them everywhere, which is one of the reasons I love autumn. You do have to be careful of things living in them though, you might find some animals have burrowed into piles of them to go to sleep.

Evilsprinkles, Sep 30, 2012
  5. Melody

pilot2fly Well-Known Member

I used to have a black lab and I raked the leaves a lot when Fall came around. He would always jump in the pile and make a mess. Sadly, he isn't around anymore.

pilot2fly, Sep 30, 2012
  6. Melody

haopee Well-Known Member

What's not to enjoy!?! It's a mountain of freaking softness and best of all, it's not for us to clean! It's the human's responsibility.

Yes, I am guilty of having tossed my dog in a couple of grass mountains. They loved it. Eventually she got the hang of it that after being tossed in a grass mound a couple of times, she eventually came back to me expecting to be tossed again. :D

haopee, Oct 1, 2012
  7. Melody

claudine Well-Known Member

Personally, I love jumping in leaves:D . My Homer - not so much. Usually, he doesn't care about leaves. Although once or twice I saw him digging in it - it was when we had a hedgehog in our garden, Homer probably sniffed it.

claudine, Oct 1, 2012
  8. Melody

Jessi Well-Known Member

Holy cow that's a lot of leaves!

It looks like a park or farm area that has been all scooped up into that pile. I would have a blast in that!

Er, I mean, my uh, dog....right....my dog would have a blast in that....

Jessi, Oct 11, 2012
Ask a Question