What technique do you use when you need to give your dog a pill?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by trishgl, Sep 19, 2013.

1. trishgl

claudine Well-Known Member

This must have been heartbreaking for you:( When I was a child, my guinea pig died, I still remember how miserable I was. But was it necessary to get rid of your puppy? After all, some dogs are completely blind and yet, they're doing just fine.
    I was over 20 when Homer got sick, but still, it was traumatizing for me:(

claudine, Nov 24, 2013
  2. trishgl

Trellum Well-Known Member

I believe it wasn't necessary at all, since my puppy still ate :( I remember I made something for her with my own hands, I cooked a few veggies in a tiny cooking pot, and she ate most of it :) I really don't know the reason my parents decided it was better to get rid of it, I guess they really thought it was going to die. I'm doing better now, but I understand you so well... that kind of things are hard to forget!

I cried a lot when my baby chicken died too, so I understand how you felt when your guinea pig died :(

Trellum, Nov 27, 2013
  3. trishgl

Since you were a child, maybe you weren't able to realize how sick your puppy was:( It's a really heartbreaking story:( When I was a kid, I always dreamed of having a dog, but my parents didn't want one. I remember I used to cry whenever I saw other people's dogs. Fortunately my dream came true and now, I have Homer:)

claudine, Nov 27, 2013
  4. trishgl

Aww!!!! That's such a happy ending, but how come they changed of mind? Becauase parents who don't like dogs don't change of mind that easily, you know! Something must have happened :) Either way, I'm happy you have homer :)

Trellum, Dec 2, 2013
  5. trishgl

I honestly don't know what made them change their mind. They hadn't told me anything. One day they just got Homer, it was a complete surprise.
    I'll never forget the moment when I saw Homer for the very first time. He was so tiny!:D And he wasn't shy at all, he wanted to sniff everything in our house:p

claudine, Dec 3, 2013
    Trellum likes this.
  6. trishgl

Wow, was it a birthday gift? If it was... it must have been the most amazing birthday gift ever! Yorkie puppies are the cutest thing ever!! I'd have one if I could, believe me!

Trellum, Dec 5, 2013
    claudine likes this.
  7. trishgl

No, it wasn't a birthday gift. They didn't tell me because we hardly talk;) But I still remember how happy I was when I met Homer. It was one of the best moments in my life:D
    I hope you'll have a Yorkie in the future! They're the cutest little things:D

claudine, Dec 5, 2013
  8. trishgl

Awesome :) The best gifts are those that come totally unexpectedly :) I can only imagine the emotion you felt when you saw that tiny yorkie! I never recieved a surprise dog, hehehe! But my nieces have, and their face said it all :) I think it's a great gift for kids, because it can teach them responsability.

Trellum, Dec 9, 2013
  9. trishgl

I was very happy, but also quite scared. Homer was so tiny back then and he was the first dog I've ever petted. I didn't know how to carry him nor how to play with him. Fortunately, he has always been very self-confident and he immediately felt at home in my room:)

claudine, Dec 9, 2013
  10. trishgl

Skyspiritflfl Member

Pepper The Magic Dog used to eat her Heartworm pill in bread or cheese as directed by the Vet; However she became finicky so we asked and the Vet said we should try breaking it up in her food- now we smash the broke up pieces into a slice of bread or cheese.. :)

Skyspiritflfl, Sep 22, 2014
  11. trishgl

I'm sure this method would work for Homer. Cheese and bread are his favorite foods, he would do anything to get them, lol;) Unfortunately, cheese contains a lot of salt, so it's not healthy for dogs.

claudine, Sep 25, 2014
Ask a Question