What nicknames do you have for your dog?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Melody, May 6, 2012.

1. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

We all pick out a special name for our dog. Then, almost immediately we start calling them by a nickname. Sometimes we have more than one nickname for them.

When Misha was a puppy, I called her "wiggle butt". When she was excited, it was as if she was wagging her whole back end.

Now that she is older, I sometimes call her "Meesh" or "Misha Meesh". When she is clowning around, she's my "little boof". It doesn't mean anything. It sounds silly, which seems to fit her personality.

What nicknames or funny names do you have for your dog?

Melody, May 6, 2012
  2. Melody

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I only call my dogs by the names I gave them. So Candy is always Candy. Same with Dark Lady. Some of my Thai friends call Dark Lady, Dark for short. Thais love to give nicknames to everyone, including their prime ministers.

Victor Leigh, May 6, 2012
  3. Melody

zararina Well-Known Member

I derived my previous dog named before from a dog cartoon character Dinky Doo.
    We called her Dinky and her nick name is Dinky Doo. Lol

zararina, May 6, 2012
  4. Melody

Jessi Well-Known Member

I'll call him "Puppy," quite often. That might not seem unusual at all, except for the fact that he's 13 years old, lol. He acts so young, though, and like such a little puppy sometimes that I'll just call him that instead, ha.

Jessi, May 6, 2012
  5. Melody

kinser Well-Known Member

I frequently call both of my dogs "Stinky", LOL. It's a term of endearment, though.

kinser, May 6, 2012
  6. Melody

haopee Well-Known Member

A couple, such as Minuts, Pinatz and Pipi. I also call her Miss Huggies because she doesn't mind being carried and hugged, or being sat on the supine position while being cuddled.

haopee, May 7, 2012
Ask a Question