What kind or brand of treats do you feed your dog?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by wahcashmom, Dec 18, 2011.

1. wahcashmom

wahcashmom Well-Known Member

My dog really does love the Pup Peroni treats, those are his favorites.

wahcashmom, Dec 18, 2011
  2. wahcashmom

Nick87 Well-Known Member

My dogs get any brand of treats that are grain free. One has a problem with digesting grains, and though the other one doesn't, she doesn't mind getting the grain free treats as well.

Nick87, Dec 20, 2011
  3. wahcashmom

amy005 Well-Known Member

My dog loves the carry out treats. There are a few different flavors including pizza and beef. He would eat a whole bag if I allowed him but we only give him one or two treats a day and cut them in pieces so he thinks he is getting more then he really is.

amy005, Dec 20, 2011
  4. wahcashmom

King Browny Well-Known Member

I would give my dog biscuits for a treat and sometimes if we have it on breakfast, bread. They don't like the bread soft though and I have to rip it like bread crumbs because big and soft pieces would stick between their teeth and made them feel uncomfortable.

King Browny, Dec 26, 2011
  5. wahcashmom

zararina Well-Known Member

Our dog really likes bread and so that would be the best treat for him.
    He enjoy eating any type of bread specially those that have delicious spreads. :p

zararina, Dec 26, 2011
  6. wahcashmom

MakingCents Well-Known Member

My dog has no real favorite brand of treats, we pretty much get him whatever we have a coupon for. Although he does really really love his 'puperoni'

MakingCents, Dec 26, 2011
  7. wahcashmom

inTHEsane Active Member

I pretty much only buy my dog Ole Roy Peanut Butter flavored biscuits, because anything bacon or to crazy will make his usually non-existent gas, very present and noxious. :eek: All jokes aside, other then that, I like to incorporate human food into his treats, healthier the better obviously. Whether it is a piece of cheese when making a sandwich, scrap meat or the left over rice from a meal, homemade BREAD, and the occasional human cookies/vanilla ice cream. My girlfriend is a pastry chef and I like to cook and bake as well so there is always something nice floating around, Peanut Butter/Banana homemade cookies, are the three of ours favorite. :D

inTHEsane, Feb 18, 2012
  8. wahcashmom

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

I feed my dogs Puperonis also and once or twice a week they get Busy Bonz.

SheWolfSilver, Feb 20, 2012
  9. wahcashmom

summerRain Well-Known Member

I use real meats for treats instead of commercially prepared ones. I've done some research in the Internet and I've found out that there are chemicals which are harmful for our dogs. On top of that, manufacturers who uses the label "natural flavor" should declare what exactly those flavors/ingredients are.

BHA, BHT, Ethoxyquin, Sodium Metabisulfite and TBHQ are some of the chemicals we should watch for when purchasing dog treats and dog foods for our beloved pet. These chemicals might cause cancer, liver damage and other health problems to our dogs.

summerRain, Feb 24, 2012
Ask a Question