What kind of behaviors good or bad do your dogs have?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by jowjo5, Feb 12, 2013.

1. jowjo5

jowjo5 Active Member

Our dogs have some silly behaviors as well as some interesting ones to say the least.

One of our dogs likes to bark outside at night at nothing! I say nothing because we can't see anything out there. But he only does this in the winter. Go figure.

And another one of our dogs likes to talk to us when we eat dinner. As if he is trying to get us to share our supper with him.

Dogs are so cool, what do your dogs do?

jowjo5, Feb 12, 2013
  2. jowjo5

haopee Well-Known Member

Welcome to DogHow!!!

Yes, dogs are indeed quite cool. I have a pup right now who helps me in training other pups. When he sees one of his pack brothers biting us without inhibition, he would bark at them. When he sees one of his pack brothers getting scared (because there's one who's undergoing the fear period), he would bark at it until that one brother leaves his place of hiding.

Peanuts, on the other hand, has learned that pawing at my shoulder like how a human does gets my attention. If she doesn't get my attention on the first try, she will leave and come back a little later and paw me again.

haopee, Feb 13, 2013
  3. jowjo5

shdws Well-Known Member

Mine just whines a lot when we put him inside his kennel. I built the kennel myself, a very nice one I might add, and he hates it lol.

shdws, Feb 13, 2013
  4. jowjo5

zararina Well-Known Member

Some good behaviors: Know how to behave with visitors and guards us well. ;)
    We just do not like how our dog barks a lot when there is a stray dog outside.

zararina, Feb 13, 2013
  5. jowjo5

claudine Well-Known Member

My Homer is adorable even when he is naughty:D
    Bad behaviour: he barks at everybody and everything. He is also very lordly and jealous:p
    Good behaviour: he always runs to greet me when I'm coming back home and he jumps from joy when I ask him if he wants to go for a walk with me:D

claudine, Feb 13, 2013
  6. jowjo5

jose26425 Member

My dog is not the bravest dog in the world. Despite being large and almost 60 pounds, he is a huge softie. When we let him outside to use the bathroom, he refuses to leave the steps until the porch light is on. Furthermore, he absolutely hates thunderstorms. When the thunder is raging, you can find him underneath the bed hiding. For whatever reason, storms make him want to gather up all the rugs or clothes around the house into one large pile. He's an amazing dog, but a brave and frightening dog he's not. :)

jose26425, Jun 12, 2013
  7. jowjo5

claudine Well-Known Member

I heard that many dogs are terrified of thunderstorms and whenever they hear it, they either howl and run in panic, or hide. Fortunately my Homer couldn't care less about these noises. Usually, he simply goes to sleep. It's very convenient:)

claudine, Jun 13, 2013
Ask a Question