What is your favorite season?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by SheWolfSilver, Feb 11, 2012.

1. SheWolfSilver

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

I pretty much like them all except winter! I hate the cold with a passion! I can take Oklahoma's hot and humid summers no problem but when it comes to cold and snow I just wish I could hibernate. I think my favorite season is spring when every thing is starting to grow and the air smells good but then we have tornadoes. I guess you have to take the bad with the good.

SheWolfSilver, Feb 11, 2012
  2. SheWolfSilver

summerRain Well-Known Member

I definitely like our tropical weather here in our country. The sun is always hot that's why applying sunblock is a must to protect our skin against UV rays. Other than that, it is convenient to go outside 'cause the hot weather is really suited to go camping, swimming or just a simple road trip with my friends.

summerRain, Feb 12, 2012
  3. SheWolfSilver

zararina Well-Known Member

Only two season here, summer and rainy seasons.
    And I actually prefer rainy season except for the storms and the floods since it was cooler and I could just enjoy staying at home.

zararina, Feb 12, 2012
  4. SheWolfSilver

SallyintheValley Well-Known Member

When I lived in the land of ice and snow (AKA Chicagoland suburbs) my favorite season was of course Spring! Could not wait until that cold was over, the air was warming up and the tulips and daffodils were perking their heads through the just-thawed-out dirt!

But, now, that I am retired to the Valley of the Sun (AKA Phoenix AZ and surrounding area), my favorite season is now Autumn or Fall, because I am a bit weary of our 100 degree weather at that time, and that I know that the next 3 seasons are glorius!

SallyintheValley, Feb 12, 2012
  5. SheWolfSilver

amy005 Well-Known Member

I used to think summer since it was pretty mild here during the summer time. There are typically only a few days that are unbearable. But last summer was torture so I now would have to say spring is my favorite season.

amy005, Feb 15, 2012
  6. SheWolfSilver

King Browny Well-Known Member

I like Spring but we don’t have that here in the Philippines. Here we only have wet (rainy), dry (summer/hot) and cold (cold/windy) season. I prefer the rainy season because I love rain. During cold season my skin gets irritated. While in summer it’s irritating because it’s hot like hell. So I prefer the rainy season. I could bathe in the rain, I could cozy around in my bed and simply chat with friends and love ones or read books and write poetries or short stories and I could wear all my lovely sweaters and jackets except when it’s, like, a typhoon and it harms people. I think my dogs love rainy season, too, because they could just lazy around at home, except when they don’t want to step on the wet ground so they have to suppress their excretion.

King Browny, Feb 15, 2012
  7. SheWolfSilver

wahcashmom Well-Known Member

I really do love Summer, it is great to go outside to be with my daughter and family. We love to travel, go to the lake, park and swimming. But I sure do love Christmas and it is so nice to have Winter just around the corner from Summer.

wahcashmom, Mar 1, 2012
  8. SheWolfSilver

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Same here where I live. Except now the rain seem to be falling out of season. Now it's supposed to be dry season but it has been raining non-stop for two days already. Anyway I like rainy season. It stops me from going out. So I have to stay in and get my work done.

Victor Leigh, Mar 3, 2012
  9. SheWolfSilver

christina Member

I'm from Georgia. I would have to say my favorite season is Spring. Spring isn't to hot and it isn't to cold. Summer would have to be my next favorite. I love relaxing by the pool and going to the beach.

christina, Mar 25, 2012
  10. SheWolfSilver

dkramarczyk Well-Known Member

I definitely favor summer, but then again, who wouldn't when they live in Wisconsin? I love warm weather and being able to enjoy the nice weather outside. I like being able to take my young children outside to play. There are millions of reasons why I prefer summer to any other season.

dkramarczyk, Apr 2, 2012
  11. SheWolfSilver

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Ever since childhood, I had wondered about the four seasons. Especially spring. How does it feel to see the first flower blooming in spring? Here we have flowers blooming the whole year round.

Victor Leigh, Apr 3, 2012
  12. SheWolfSilver

dkramarczyk Well-Known Member

Well, I'm not personally a gardening person, but whenever I see someone else's flowers starting to bloom in spring, it feels like life is coming back to the world in a way. Considering that winter pretty much causes everything plant-like to seem dead, spring is when life comes back to plants.

dkramarczyk, Apr 3, 2012
  13. SheWolfSilver

kinser Well-Known Member

I love autumn the best. I don't like summer much because I hate heat and humidity. When the weather starts to cool off in the fall, it feels like a blanket has been lifted. The skies are usually blue and sunny, but the temperature is mild to cool. I also like Spring, but it doesn't usually last long where I live (this year has been better, but it often goes right from cold to hot most years). Winter doesn't bother me, unless it lasts too long. Like I said, I think summer is really my least-favorite.

kinser, Apr 24, 2012
Ask a Question