What is your favorite scent of shampoo?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by dashboardc33, Oct 21, 2012.

1. dashboardc33

dashboardc33 Well-Known Member

I usually get the oatmeal scented shampoo, but I have tried the citrus, lavender, berry, etc. I think I continue to get the oatmeal because it has more of a neutral smell. It isn't that strong, but gets the dog's fur clean and provides them with a clean smelling coat.

dashboardc33, Oct 21, 2012
  2. dashboardc33

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

Don't laugh, but I love "Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific" shampoo. I used to order it from the Phillipines at like $25 a bottle because they stopped making it here in the US decades ago.

OhioTom76, Oct 21, 2012
  3. dashboardc33

iluvmario Well-Known Member

I haven't used scented shampoo and I have had my oldest Yorkshire Terrier dog Coco for around 5 years. I use the dog shampoo that kills fleas and ticks for a few weeks. I always find that I need multiple layers of flea and tick treatment.

iluvmario, Oct 21, 2012
  4. dashboardc33

Melody Well-Known Member

I prefer unscented shampoo. Most of the scented ones are overpowering. It's as if the dog had a run in with Pepe Le Pew at the perfume shop. The last bottle I bought for Misha had a baby powder scent. It was awful.

Her previous shampoo had a light coconut oil smell. I liked that. It smelled more natural.

Melody, Oct 21, 2012
  5. dashboardc33

claudine Well-Known Member

We use unscented shampoo too. When I was buying it I focused on choosing a shampoo that is made especially for Yorkshire Terriers and I didn't really care about the scent. Bathing my dog isn't pleasurable and I always try to do it as quickly as I can so the smell doesn't matter to me. Much more important is not to be bitten too badly:confused:

claudine, Oct 21, 2012
Ask a Question