What is your favorite activity without your pooch?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Pocs, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Pocs

Pocs Well-Known Member

On of my hobbies is genealogy. I love it even though it can be alitte taxing. Research at county archive departments, libraries and court house, no dogs allowed. Then there is the cemetery hunting. Finding someone's grave marker is not a easy task. You'd be surprised by how many cemeteries do not have a office,

Pocs, Aug 15, 2012
  2. Pocs

argon_0 Well-Known Member

I can't wait for the warmer weather again to go kayaking. My wife and I have these moulded plastic sit on top kayaks with internal storage to keep things dry. Two Christmases ago we went kayaking on a large river here and found a beautiful secluded beach to have lunch.Tablecloth picnic basket a bottle of sparkling wine and acrylic champagne glasses.Not a care in the world and no anxiety with any family members. Mishka stayed at home for the day but we made it up to her when we got home.

argon_0, Sep 13, 2012
  3. Pocs

zararina Well-Known Member

I collect postal stamps and other small stuffs like old coins.
    I also enjoy reading some articles online as well as watching some animal videos online.

zararina, Sep 13, 2012
  4. Pocs

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

Mainly Cooking and Photography. Though sometimes with photography, I spend more time wandering around the locations I came to photograph instead of doing any actual photography. I have a thing for abandoned buildings. I also love to read cooking blogs and browse for new recipes to try out each day.

OhioTom76, Sep 16, 2012
  5. Pocs

pafjlh Well-Known Member

I like to write, but I hope to make that more of a profession then a hobby in the near future. I also like to sew and crochet. I also like to read books and surf the Internet. I actually have several activities that don't include my dogs as you can very well see.

pafjlh, Sep 19, 2012
  6. Pocs

claudine Well-Known Member

Everything I do at home, I do with Homer because he follows me around. When I go to the kitchen, he goes to the kitchen, when I'm reading a book, he lies next to me. My favorite activity without him is shopping:) . He is very small so I guess I could carry him in my purse but I prefer not to take him with me - I know that shopping would be boring for him. Also, he would bark at everybody:eek:

claudine, Apr 22, 2013
    argon_0 likes this.
  7. Pocs

I bet he would bail up a shop assistant or two if you did take him clothes shopping being such a jealous young man.:D

argon_0, Apr 25, 2013
    claudine likes this.
  8. Pocs

I wouldn't be very surprised if he did;) . The biggest problem is that Homer hates to be carried - he would want to run and if I let him, he would run away and he would try to scare other customers:p
    I envy owners of polite Yorkies, not so long time ago I saw one in a store - the Yorkie was just looking at everything and seemed very interested, he didn't bark at all.

claudine, Apr 25, 2013
  9. Pocs

lifeliveson Well-Known Member

My dogs dont really let me do much without them. When they were to young to know better and didnt bark I have taken them to the mall in mypocket (I used to work there so I did my rounds to my friends that still did) but now I cant really. I can take jax cause he gets scared and doesnt bark so ive brought him into a few stores with me before. My favourite thing to do which is not really a hobby is just study creepy things. Sounds weird, but I love looking at abandond places, and i have a few websites I could spend hours on. Aside from that though, I dont really know, I play drums, but havent gotten a chance to do that in a while, walks by the river, which dogs come to. Holy crap. I just realized Ive spent so much time at work in th past forever I havent really done stuff I liked haha wow

lifeliveson, Apr 25, 2013
  10. Pocs

MzMonka Well-Known Member

Shopping is one of the few things I do without my dogs but really I could bring at least 1 of them along if I wanted to. Outside of that I am a reader, if its a book I am going to sit and read it. I write also when the mood strikes me and we have a family lunch every weekend, dogs are optional so there are times when they stay home.

MzMonka, Apr 25, 2013
  11. Pocs

Love to meet Homer. He sounds like quite a character.:):rolleyes:
    Unfortunately dogs are not allowed in stores here. I see quite a few dogs tied to dog hitching points or just sitting outside waiting for their owners. They look so sad and seem a bit nervous with all the pedestrians walking past. I always say gidday fella when I see one but would never attempt to pat them. It might be a Homer.:eek: Seriously though, I don't think we should pat other peoples dogs unless we ask the owner first.
    Other dogs I see are in or on the back of vehicles. Some look sad :( and others bark at everyone walking past.:mad:

argon_0, Apr 26, 2013
    claudine likes this.
  12. Pocs

Lol! I agree, it's better not to pat other peoples dogs without asking. I always warn everybody that Homer bites:p
    I get so angry whenever I see dogs tied outside a store! I feel so sorry for them! Once I saw a dog who was left in full sun - and it was such a hot day:mad: I really wanted to find his stupid owner and tell him what I think about it.

claudine, Apr 26, 2013
  13. Pocs

lifeliveson Well-Known Member

when im with my dogs and people come up I have to say Jax is very nice but toby not so nice so stay away from him. I get so weird about touching others peoples things anyways. Babies and pets are a big no in my books unless someone tells me to. Only because Ive worked in previous jobs (photographer for a portrait studio and such) where Ive seen and heard how weird people get about that stuff so I tend to stay away.

lifeliveson, Apr 29, 2013
  14. Pocs

If I had a baby, I wouldn't like strangers to touch him or her, it just doesn't seem hygienic.
    I wouldn't mind them stroking Homer though - if only I wasn't so scared that he will bite them. He really can be aggressive and he is rather unpredictable. This is why I don't bring him to areas where he could meet children - sometimes it's just hard to explain to a child that not every dog likes to be petted.

claudine, Apr 29, 2013
Ask a Question