What is good human food for dogs?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by dashboardc33, Nov 1, 2012.

1. dashboardc33

Jessi Well-Known Member

When it comes to dog food, that's how they are typically used. I have yet to see a dog food that uses grains that would actually be good for dogs, ya know? They're generally in there just to stretch the food.

Jessi, Nov 21, 2012
  2. dashboardc33

shdws Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that human food is bad for dogs. Well, seasoned human food anyhow. I hear raw chicken is fine since dog's digestive system are tolerant of any bacteria found in raw meat.

shdws, Dec 21, 2012
  3. dashboardc33

Jessi Well-Known Member

You're right. Some human foods aren't good for them and seasonings really aren't necessary either. Dogs are carnivores and in the wild, they would be eating raw meat, so their stomachs are just fine to eat raw meat at home as well, so long as it's fresh.

Jessi, Dec 21, 2012
  4. dashboardc33

zararina Well-Known Member

We give human foods to our dogs. These foods include rice, vegetables, fruits (we used to have a dog that loves to eat fruits), bread and some local dishes with meat. We only give cooked foods.

zararina, Dec 22, 2012
  5. dashboardc33

shdws Well-Known Member

Thank you for verifying this. I've also read that wheat is not usually tolerated well by dogs.

shdws, Dec 22, 2012
Ask a Question