What fluids do you feed your dogs?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by remnant, Jul 1, 2016.

1. remnant

remnant Well-Known Member

Alot has been said about the nutritional appeal of feeding dogs in the area of solid food. But dogs also get dehydrated like other living organisms and require a regular intake of fluids to supplement what they might not have acquired in terms of solid food. In my place, some people give them milk or cook porridge which is specially formulated for dogs and is bought from stores. Some people just supply water and dogs can be seen occasionally lapping on it especially when its hot. What fluids do you give your dogs?

remnant, Jul 1, 2016
  2. remnant

cluckeyo Active Member

I keep a bowl of water in the house for my dog and cat to share. I keep a real big bowl (a crock) of water outside on the porch year round. And I usually add ice cubes to that during the heat of the day in the summer. Not only do my dog and cat like that. But neighbor dogs do too, as well as frogs. My dog occassionally gets to enjoy a little ice cream as well.

cluckeyo, Jul 1, 2016
  3. remnant

amelia88 Well-Known Member

We only give Jojo water - I don't think I would give him anything else, since water seems just fine and I wouldn't want to do anything to upset his stomach. We tend to be careful about introducing new things when it comes to foods, so I think in my head the same sort of mindset applies when it would come to drinks. Water is enough for him I think! :)

amelia88, Jul 1, 2016
  4. remnant

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Water is the only thing my dog drink. His bowl of water is always full and he has unlimited access to it. I just have to make sure that there is fresh water for him. Haven't thought of giving him any other liquid.

IcyBC, Jul 1, 2016
  5. remnant

Corzhens Well-Known Member

Like @IcyBC, water is the only fluid that we give to our dogs. However, we have a herbal concoction that we regularly give to our dogs via syringe. That is the herbal against kidney stones. That herbal is actually for me because I have kidney stones and it was prescribed to me. And since the malady of dogs is also kidney stones, we have decided to give a dose of that herbal concoction to our dogs as well.

Corzhens, Jul 8, 2016
  6. remnant

claudine Well-Known Member

We give Homer tap water.
    He once drank my aunt's coffee when she wasn't looking. Back then, he was a naughty puppy and wanted to try everything:p

claudine, Jul 8, 2016
Ask a Question