What dogs are afraid of

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Jessi, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

So true.

Add "shadows" to that list, too, taking up some of the "wind" section. It seems that the things they should probably be scared of, they aren't.... but completely innocent things? Holy cow, time to run away like crazy!

Jessi, Sep 27, 2012
  2. Jessi

claudine Well-Known Member

This is strange, Homer isn't afraid of the wind at all, he seems to like it. He is terrified of a mower noise. And of course of the vet. Birds only make him angry:p

claudine, Sep 28, 2012
  3. Jessi

pafjlh Well-Known Member

My dogs never seem to have a fear of the wind, well except maybe in strong wind storms, but that can scare anyone if the windows start rattling. I have found that my dogs seem not like loud noises because a dogs hearing is more acute then a humans.. They also don't like vets, but then who likes going to the doctor, as for birds don't know if my dogs are afraid of them irritated by them maybe, but afraid I don't think so.

pafjlh, Sep 28, 2012
  4. Jessi

pilot2fly Well-Known Member

Surprisingly enough, my dog isn't afraid of the wind at all. When she goes out to do her business, she always faces into the wind and stands there for a minute.

pilot2fly, Sep 28, 2012
  5. Jessi

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Mishka hates the wind. She has broken a floor mirror in my bedroom one night by trying to squeeze behind it. Shattered glass everywhere. It gave us such a fright. Then there's the snow when it falls and she is inside. Not sure what she hears. Then the snow melts and crashes from the upstairs roof to the one below. :confused:
    I'm surprised other posters dogs aren't afraid of the wind.

argon_0, Sep 29, 2012
  6. Jessi

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

Each of our dogs were scared of different things. One didn't like thunder, the other one was terrified of flames and open umbrellas, and the third one was terrified of the UPS guy.

OhioTom76, Sep 29, 2012
Ask a Question