What do you like most about having a dog?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Trellum, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

I think I've expressed more than once how much I love my two doggies! I love everything about having a dog, but one thing I really like and appreciate is (apart from their unconditional love) is their company. I'd not like to b living alone in a house without at least one dog :(

I like to know I'm not completely alone at home, specially at night! I'd get really nervous if I heard a noise in the garden and my dog wasn't with me! Dogs make me feel so safe and loved :)

Trellum, Oct 22, 2014
  2. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

I feel exactly the same way. Homer makes me feel safe. He hates strangers, so if someone tried to break in to our house, Homer would start barking like crazy:)
    Another thing I love about my little Yorkie is that spending time with him always puts me in a good mood:)

claudine, Oct 22, 2014
  3. Trellum

Winterybella Well-Known Member

My dogs love me unconditionaly. They run to meet at the door and want to follow me everywhere I go . They make me feel like I am the most important person in the world. The few times I get upset with them, they soon forget and it's back to business as usual. No distancing for hours or days of weeks. No harboring of resentment.

And if I am down and want someone to listen, they do just that. I would not trade them for the world.

Winterybella, Oct 23, 2014
  4. Trellum

How many dogs do you have, Winterybella?:)
    I completely agree, unconditional love is the best thing in the world. My Homer follows me everywhere too and always wags his tail when he sees me. Also, he is a great listener. I talk to him often;)
    It's funny that so many dog owners talk to their pets:D

claudine, Oct 23, 2014
  5. Trellum

Winterybella Well-Known Member

I have three. The profile picture shows the two house dogs and my cat Twinkle before she "transitioned":(. It's a mother and daughter situation with these two, the daughter being the bigger of the two. My other dog Reba is my large breed; the Rottie. They are great listeners. Much better than humans:). Show me the human that will "wag it's tail" just to see you.:)

Winterybella, Nov 10, 2014
  6. Trellum

JoshPosh Member

He makes me laugh all the time. He does stupid things around the house and it cracks me up. I don't know what I'll do without him. Probably be bored out of my skull.

JoshPosh, Nov 11, 2014
  7. Trellum

maryannballeras Member

What I like most about having a dog is that he acts like a real friend. He always matches my mood. When I'm all hyper and happy, he would play with me with full energy. When I'm feeling sad, he will be quiet as well and will just look me in the eye, as if saying, "I'm still here for you."

maryannballeras, Nov 11, 2014
  8. Trellum

I consider my dog a friend too. He is so sweet and loving! No matter how sad I am, seeing his cute face and wagging tail always cheers me up:D

claudine, Jan 3, 2015
Ask a Question