What color is your dog's collar?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by claudine, Feb 13, 2014.

1. claudine

claudine Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just me, but I truly enjoy going to pet stores and looking at different accessories and little things that I could buy for my Homer. I want him to look cute:) I don't force him to wear clothes, because he hates them, but I always make sure that his harness is really pretty:p His current one is dark blue with tiny bones printed on it. In my opinion it looks adorable. His leash is blue as well.
    What color is your dog's collar or harness? When you're buying it, do you look for the prettiest one or maybe you choose it randomly?

claudine, Feb 13, 2014
  2. claudine

zararina Well-Known Member

We usually use/buy the common plain black collar.
    Right now our dog is not on leash since he just want to stay inside the compound.

zararina, Feb 16, 2014
  3. claudine

Black collars are manly;) Homer is a boy, so my mother always wants to buy him black things, it's pretty funny. He has two black sweaters and a black hair clip. Unfortunately, he refuses to wear it:p

claudine, Feb 16, 2014
  4. claudine

Trellum Well-Known Member

My dogs have a purple and a green collar. The purple collar is for the schnauzer and the green one is for the puggie. I really one those two colors the most and I think it suits them the best.

Trellum, Feb 20, 2014
  5. claudine

Purple and green are very nice colors:)
    If Homer was female, I'd buy him a lot of colorful accessories. Yesterday, I saw an adorable, tiny Yorkie who had a polka dotted harness. It was so cute!:D

claudine, Feb 20, 2014
  6. claudine

firelily99 Well-Known Member

I have a number of collars for my dog. when he was a puppy it was hard to find anything that fit him - he was a BIG pup! So, once I found something that not only fit but was really affordable I went all out. Purple is his power color although red looks good too. I have some with a variety of patterns that I like and so does he!

firelily99, Feb 24, 2014
  7. claudine

With Homer, it was just the opposite, haha:) When he was a puppy, he was really tiny, so most harnesses were much too big for him and I didn't have many options to choose from. This is why his very first harness wasn't too pretty. It fitted him perfectly though.

claudine, Feb 24, 2014
  8. claudine

Thanks! I specially love emerald green both for clothes and accessories ;) Violet purple is and will always be a great option as well. With a female dog you can have a lot fun picking different colors and patterns (accessories).

Trellum, Feb 24, 2014
  9. claudine

Emerald green is a beautiful color! I'm pretty sure that Homer likes it. All his favorite blankets are green:) I think that they remind him of grass.

claudine, Feb 28, 2014
  10. claudine

That's nice! Maybe you can buy him a new emerald green harness? I think that color would look great on any yorkie :) Specially homer, since he is a very good-looking guy.

Trellum, Feb 28, 2014
  11. claudine

I'll tell him that you complimented him. He loves compliments:D:p
    Look how cute this harness is:

[​IMG]

When I look at it, I wish Homer was a girl, haha. It would be nice to see him wearing such cute harnesses:D

[​IMG]

claudine, Mar 23, 2014
    Trellum likes this.
  12. claudine

Omg!!!!! That pink harness would look just lovely on any female dog! :eek: I'd buy one of those for my girls, but not sure it would look on a pug, it could look good on my schnauzer tho :) But this kind of harness definitely looks better on a long haired dog, a small one :)

Trellum, Mar 24, 2014
  13. claudine

Yes, I think that harnesses like this are good only for small dogs. They don't seem too durable. Not to mention that a large and potentially dangerous dog would look funny wearing something like this, haha:p

These dog collars are super adorable:

[​IMG]

claudine, Mar 24, 2014
    Trellum likes this.
  14. claudine

Aww!!!!! I could definitely see my schnauzer wearing the red one :) I'd like something like this for my two girls:

[​IMG]

Trellum, Mar 25, 2014
  15. claudine

They're so glamorous! I like that they come in many different colors. For Homer, I'd choose the black one :)

I love this dog collar:
    [​IMG]
    It's adorable, isn't it?

claudine, Mar 25, 2014
  16. claudine

Jessi Well-Known Member

Hmm, I actually had to stop and think about what color his is. I'm pretty sure it's just plain black, ha.

I love that last example, though, Claudine! It's cute!

Jessi, Apr 9, 2014
  17. claudine

A simple, black collar sounds like a great choice for a male dog, Jessi:) I'm sure that your dog looks very cute in it! The best thing about black collars is that they're very practical, you don't have to wash them all the time, because they don't get dirty easily.

I'd love to buy this for Homer:D:

[​IMG]

claudine, Apr 16, 2014
Ask a Question