What breed is this dog?

Discussion in 'Breeding' started by claudine, Apr 18, 2013.

1. claudine

claudine Well-Known Member

I found a few pictures of the most adorable little dog:D . Unfortunately I have no idea what breed is this so I decided to ask, maybe someone here will be able to help me. I'd love to learn more about these dogs, they're ultra cute:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

claudine, Apr 18, 2013
  2. claudine

lifeliveson Well-Known Member

NO idea..pom something maybe? All i know is its crazy cute and I want to puppy squish it

lifeliveson, Apr 18, 2013
  3. claudine

I know, it's the cutest little dog, looking at the pictures of him makes me want to stroke my monitor, lol:p . I would love to own a dog like this!

claudine, Apr 18, 2013
  4. claudine

MzMonka Well-Known Member

It is a Pomerania. Most groomers have all kinds of cute hair cuts for the breed. I saw one at the groomers that had a lion cut, cutest thing I ever saw. This one looks to be about 3-4 months old. They are cute little dogs and come in a couple of different colors. Usually get to be about 15 pounds I believe.

MzMonka, Apr 18, 2013
    claudine likes this.
  5. claudine

I used to always think they were ugly but the past few I have met were the cutest ever! not to mention I have chihuaha pom mixes

lifeliveson, Apr 19, 2013
  6. claudine

Thank you!!:D Now, when I know what breed is this, I'm able to do some research. I found more pictures, it's the cutest little dog ever:

[​IMG]

And here is one with short hair - he looks like a teddy bear, doesn't he?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

claudine, Apr 19, 2013
    MzMonka likes this.
  7. claudine

The little guy with the short cut is named Boo. He has his own book and I think calendar. The cut he has in that pic is the teddy bear cut. They really are cute little dogs. Personally my next little dog is going to be a French Bulldog.

MzMonka, Apr 19, 2013
  8. claudine

Melody Well-Known Member

I think I might be nervous having a dog that is so small. Misha is small to me. She's 10 lbs. I'd be afraid of stepping on this dog or it getting hurt accidentally. Cute though!

Melody, Apr 20, 2013
  9. claudine

Boo is so cute, he looks like a toy, it's hard to believe he is a real dog. But I think I like Pomeranians better when they're white and furry:D
    Melody, I feel the same way, I always worry that I could step on Homer, you have to be really careful with small dog like this running everywhere.
    ...but they're so adorable!:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

claudine, Apr 20, 2013
  10. claudine

look at their little eyes!!! Small dogs are the best. I was scared to, to get a small dog because II felt like they were to delicate. Ive come to realize you can rough them up and play with them just as if they were bigger (little buggers think theyre the size of rottweilers some days I tell ya) cute little pups are the best:)

lifeliveson, Apr 21, 2013
  11. claudine

My Homer thinks he is the size of a rottweiler too... and he wants to attack rottweilers:eek:
    I love Pomeranians' little, round ears:

[​IMG]

claudine, Apr 21, 2013
  12. claudine

There was one day i was taking the dogs for a walk and my chugaranian whos 10 pounds toby comes nose to nose with a rottweiler AND a golden retriever, as their stupid owners left them offleash and wasnt paying attention to the fact that they left the property. Toby tried to take them both on at the same time. Just happy and lucky the owners came at the right time before a real scuffle happened, they woulda used him as a chew toy! Little dogs thinking their big and such

lifeliveson, Apr 23, 2013
  13. claudine

This is scary...whenever I see that there are big dogs left offleash, I always pick up Homer, whether he wants it or not and I insist on carrying him for as long as we see the other dogs. It would be too dangerous to let him run because I'm sure he would love to fight with them:confused:

claudine, Apr 24, 2013
  14. claudine

zararina Well-Known Member

All the dogs in the photos in this thread are so cute! :D
    I still prefer medium sized dogs cause I might just squeeze those tiny dogs because of their cuteness. :p

zararina, Apr 24, 2013
  15. claudine

I'm so completely in love with Pomeranian puppies, I simply can't stop looking at the pictures. These little dogs are so fluffy and tiny and cute:D . I wonder what my Homer would do if I got him a Pomeranian friend:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

claudine, Apr 25, 2013
  16. claudine

DO IT. Honestly, first day I got jax toby wanted nothing to do with him. He growled barked and snapped. But once they got used to eachother they became best friends. They sleep on eachother, clean eachother, play and fight with eachother. I was happy to get two because if me or my boyfriend are at work all day it gives them company so theyre not alone in the quiet. They are jealous at first but then they fall in love.

lifeliveson, Apr 25, 2013
  17. claudine

MakingCents Well-Known Member

They are cute. But I would feel like I might step on them and squish them. I also heard that sometimes pomeranians can be nippy, and aren't great dogs to have around children. But maybe that's just a myth.

MakingCents, Apr 26, 2013
  18. claudine

Lifeliveson - how old was Jax when you got him? What worries me the most is that if I got a tiny puppy, Homer might hurt him - he can be very, very aggressive towards other dogs:( And he is extremely jelaous.
    MakingCents - I already own a dog who hates children so even if Pomeranians don't like them either, it wouldn't be such a big problem for me.

claudine, Apr 26, 2013
  19. claudine

With all little dogs it is iffy about kids. They are all afraid of being stepped on because kids aren't as careful as adults are. My aunt owns one and she has three kids, he is a great little dog. His only issue is when someone touches the door handle. Doesn't matter whether you are coming in or going out, just not allowed in his mind.

MzMonka, Apr 28, 2013
  20. claudine

jax was about, 3 pounds and 10 weeks old. Toby was already a year and a half. We suspect Toby was abused with the way he acts. He did get agressive with him, but we were always close by. We would let it happen a little just for them to get used to eachother but if it got too rough wed break them up. Toby is bad for that, feeling like he runs the show, and no one new can invade his turf. But they get used to it after a while just takes time. Now they keep eachother company and they fight and get mean but its in a brotherly way and they each hold their own. It helps theyre close to the same size so they cant hurt eachother.

lifeliveson, Apr 29, 2013
Ask a Question