What are your plans this summer?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by King Browny, Mar 6, 2012.

1. King Browny

King Browny Well-Known Member

Summer fever will soon be burning non-stop. How do you combat yourself and your dog from it? And how do you plan to enjoy your summer?

King Browny, Mar 6, 2012
  2. King Browny

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

Our dogs like to swim in the pool with us especially my little Bitsy she will stand by the pool and just beg to get in! I'm hoping we will get to build our new deck before the summer is over so we can have cookouts and hang out on it in the evenings.

[​IMG]

SheWolfSilver, Mar 6, 2012
  3. King Browny

LoupGarouTFTs Well-Known Member

I am planning to go to the United Kennel Club Premier show this year. My dog "Sprite" has qualified for the invitational show as the #7 Toy Fox Terrier this year--it's a very big deal to us! Otherwise, the summer is going to be a bit lazy for us in terms of activities, since I'll be working hard to finish my degree. I might do a little tracking training or work on my dogs' weave poles for a bit, but "fun" will be hard to come by for a bit.

LoupGarouTFTs, Mar 7, 2012
  4. King Browny

summerRain Well-Known Member

I don't know if I can carry my dogs in the beach. My Shi Tzu might be allowed however my big stray dogs would never be allowed for sure. I am planning to give them some treat at home before I leave to enjoy the summer with my friends. We're going to use public transportation so they are not allowed to come along with us.

summerRain, Mar 7, 2012
  5. King Browny

wils172 Active Member

My dogs love to swim in our pond. During the summer I'll play fetch in the pond with them.

wils172, Mar 7, 2012
  6. King Browny

zararina Well-Known Member

Definitely we will just be enjoying more showers or baths at home. And maybe hope for a rain (not a storm LOL) so that we can play under the rain together. :p

zararina, Mar 7, 2012
  7. King Browny

King Browny Well-Known Member

I remember this scene in the movie Marley & Me. It was summer and John walk Marley on the beach side. Then he released Marley from his leash and off he goes to the water and the rest of the dogs followed. The thing is Marley pooped in the water. Nyahaha! :D And then someone told John, “Not cool, man.”

Did this ever occur to anyone when they bring their dogs along in the beach or when they swim together with you in the pool? :p

King Browny, Mar 8, 2012
  8. King Browny

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

LOL I remember that part! No, I've never had any of my dogs poop in my pool. Thank goodness! We would have to drain it and start all over filling it up!

SheWolfSilver, Mar 8, 2012
  9. King Browny

SallyintheValley Well-Known Member

It is always spring and summer in AZ I hardly ever think about changes in seasons anymore...always on vacation now that I am retired.

SallyintheValley, Mar 10, 2012
  10. King Browny

wahcashmom Well-Known Member

My dog is a inside dog only, and we love to enjoy being all nice and cool inside the house. We also love going to the lake, my dog will jump right in!

wahcashmom, Mar 17, 2012
  11. King Browny

dkramarczyk Well-Known Member

Well this summer I'm planning to get outside a lot with the kids. Normally, if I still had a dog, I would take the dog and the kids for a walk to a nearby park to play, but it'll just have to be me and the kids this year.

dkramarczyk, Apr 13, 2012
  12. King Browny

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

This summer I'm working as hard as I can and saving money for an apartment. I'll also be apartment hunting. My dog will be sleeping in his spot near the air conditioner or keeping cool under the mango tree.

ACSAPA, Jul 2, 2013
  13. King Browny

Trellum Well-Known Member

We try to keep away from the sun as much as we can, specially during spring and summer, because that is when the heat is at its worst! If we go for a walk is during the morning or when the sun goes down :)

Trellum, Mar 8, 2015
Ask a Question