What are you working with your dog on currently?

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by Melody, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

I think dog training is an ongoing process. Even adult dogs need a little reminder from time to time. To add some spice to their life, it can be fun to teach our dogs new tricks, too.

What are you currently training your dog to do? Are you working on any behavior issues or teaching it a new trick?

One of the things I've worked seriously with Misha is her behavior coming in the door. If you've ever been around small dogs, you know that they can get tangled in your feet very easily. Once Misha knocked down our neighbor, an elderly man. He was one of her best friends. She was so excited that she got caught under his feet. It was quite funny. No one got hurt.

She is now very good at letting me come in first. So, now we are working to get her to do it with everyone. Even more challenging, she must be patient and let everyone come in if there is more than one person. She is so used to following me in that allowing someone else in first is a bit tricky. She'll get the hang of it eventually.

Melody, Jun 6, 2012
  2. Melody

zararina Well-Known Member

We have a male cat here and we would like our dog to be friendly to other dogs too. So, that is what we are working on currently.
    It is because our dog will bark so loud (and that is so noisy) if there is other cat around and lately there are some cats around (female cat) which we believed is a friend to our cat. :p

zararina, Jun 8, 2012
Ask a Question